For Texasrvers

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Jerry S, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

For some reason, when I tried to reply to you in the other thread about the upcoming change and the problems I have incurred this year, I could not do so. There were labels on the thread saying that is was closed/locked.

I do want to clarify one point. When I said I received acceptance after submitting my review of the Memphis KOA, I was talking about the page that comes up on the computer screen immediately after you hit the submit button. I am not talking about an separate "e-mail" type of notification. I have NEVER received one of those. I've seen them discussed in other threads but have (I REPEAT) never gotten one.

If I get around to it, I will try to resubmit a review of the Memphis KOA before the Wednesday shutdown.

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

QUOTE(Jerry S @ Nov 10 2014, 10:13 PM) [snapback]38941[/snapback]

For some reason, when I tried to reply to you in the other thread about the upcoming change and the problems I have incurred this year, I could not do so. There were labels on the thread saying that is was closed/locked.

That is correct. The admin who did that posting chose to close the previous thread and start a new one about the shut down coming this Wednesday.

I do want to clarify one point. When I said I received acceptance after submitting my review of the Memphis KOA, I was talking about the page that comes up on the computer screen immediately after you hit the submit button. I am not talking about an separate "e-mail" type of notification. I have NEVER received one of those. I've seen them discussed in other threads but have (I REPEAT) never gotten one.

Thanks for clarifying that. And like I said before we do get reports once in a while that someone did not receive the email we sent out. I can also honestly say that I have gotten one every time I have submitted a review (some just recently). I have no explanation why a few people do not seem to get them.

If I get around to it, I will try to resubmit a review of the Memphis KOA before the Wednesday shutdown.

I got access to the review file just this morning, and I can now tell you that your review for the Memphis KOA was deferred because there were some mistakes in wording that needed correction. You were sent an email about this, but yes, I know you did not get it. Because you technically have submitted a review for this park even though it is not yet posted, I don't think the system will let you submit another one right now, but you can try. I can also defer the review again, but that will do not good since you do not get the emails that go out. So I think the quickest way to get your review posted is for you to allow me to make the few minor corrections and post it. It is up to you, but if you allow me to make the corrections, you need to let me know quickly.

Also now that you have reported that you never get emails, maybe it is possible we don't have your correct address. I certainly won't say publicly what your email address is, but I think I can give enough clues so that you will know if it is correct. The one we have on file has 2 j's in the name and the letter after the @ is r. Does that sound like yours? If not you need to update your email address or report it to the help desk.

3. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

Sometimes I get a notification, sometimes I don't. Lately, I haven't been getting them. The reviews all show up, though.

4. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

TX,

Sorry for the delay in responding, but due to the system change, I could no longer Login. It took me 5 days to get that (hopefully) straightened out. So, I am back for now.

As you may have noticed, I redid the Memphis KOA review and it posted in about a day. I do not know what the specific problems were with the first try. I'll just chalk it up to more censorship. I guess I'll have to start writing reviews that are simplistic (see my reviews from last May, 1914), but even more so.

From your description of it, you appear to have my correct e-mail address. During the "change your screen name" fiasco two months, I was sent an e-mail from Janet H at my long time e-mail address, so that isn't the problem. Also, for the last 5 days of back and forth e-mails, I have been using that same address. For some reason, your system just did not send me notices.

Going back to as comment you made in the prior thread that has since been closed: If I submit my reviews in chronological order and one or more of them is deferred or some of my reviews go to an admin who is a little further behind than the others, that WILL screw up the order in which they are posted on the site and listed in my reviews.

5. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Jerry:

I guess I'm not sure why the reordering of your reviews is a concern to anyone but you. Personally, I enjoy your reviews, but the order in which I read them doesn't detract from their content IMO. Maybe I'm missing something.

6. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

• Joel,

• I have no problem with your opinion about the importance of the order of my reviews. I was responding to a comment TX made in a previous thread where she stated that deferral and slow approval of reviews do not effect the order of the reviews as posted or listed. In my experience, that is not true.

7. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Jerry,

Sorry you had trouble with your login. As you can imagine I have been quite busy with the new site so that is why I did not respond sooner.

Just to be clear, I said, "I am not sure that any delays in posting contributes to [your reviews being out of order]." I still cannot say with 100% certainty what causes the reviews to be out of order, but I stand by my statement that any delay in posting should not make a difference. Once reviews are posted they should be placed in chronological order. However, if you will recall, when you submit a review, the system (old and new) asks for only the month and year that you stayed at the park. There is no place for you to put an exact date because many campers stay at a place more than one night. When reviews are posted, it is possible they are organized only by month and year so this could result in reviews not being posted in their exact order of stay. I have looked at your reviews on the new system, and while I did not scroll through all of them, they appear to be correctly organized by month and year based on the date of stay, but I cannot verify their order is correct any further than that.

8. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

I lost the ability to Login to the site again last night. I think the staff has finally cleared up the problem.

After reading your last response, I decided to look at my review listing again because I know there are numerous reviews well (months) out of order. To my surprise the "Date of Stay" for the last dozen or so reviews was changed to the date of submission. Before the change to the new system, for example, the late review I did of Clearwater Crossing in Orofino, ID showed a Stay Date of July (which is when I stayed there). It now shows a Stay Date of November which is when I submitted the review. Another place I stayed in late October (Memphis KOA) shows a November (when I submitted the review) Stay Date. Parks I stayed at in late September (and previously showed a September date in the listing now show an October Stay Date. These parks include Lakewood in Effingham, IL; Hinton in Sikeston, MO, Memphis South in Coldwater, MS; and Ameristar in Vicksburg, MS. Also, a late summer trip submission (Townsend, MT) in September did show the correct Stay Date of July until the new system came online.

While my personal experience of submitting reviews in a certain order (let's say 1,2,3,4,5) over the course of a week and seeing them post in a different order (let's say 3,1,5,4 and 2 disappearing completely) is what happened to me this summer and fall, I'll have to live with your contention that this not a problem. However, I am hoping that you will agree that the new issue ( as noted above) is a problem.

As an aside: The Clearwater Crossing, Orofino, ID review mentioned above was also an example of a review changed without my knowledge. I had started the review with a notation something like (I thought I did this review last July, but it never posted. So, I am doing it now in November). Since this review was seriously out of order, I wanted to explain why it would be popping up after a bunch of September and October reviews. As I expected, it initially posted after all my fall trip reviews (except Memphis KOA) but did show a July Stay Date.