Roadtrip From Irvine, Ca To The Grand Canyon

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by karina061, Oct 22, 2014.

1. karina061

karina061
    Expand Collapse

Hi everyone,

I was hoping to get some help with picking out places to stay on the way to the Grand Canyon.

I am planning a road-trip in January starting in Irvine, CA going to the Grand Canyon. We will have two RVs and about 4 days to complete the trip. I was thinking of stopping at Lake Havaso on the way there (for one night) then driving to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon and staying at Trailer Village there for one night... On the way back, however, I do not want to stop at the same place. I was hoping to get suggestions on places to stay/visit while driving back. I would prefer something that is located at about a half way point between the Grand Canyon and Irvine.

All feedback is appreciated!

Thank you :)

2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi karina061 -

If you could give us what route you plan on taking on the way home (i.e. I-10 or I-40, etc.) I might be able to give you a couple of recommendations along those two routes for you to consider on your trip home................

Regards, BankShot

3. karina061

karina061
    Expand Collapse

Hi BankShot,

Thank you for your reply! I was planning on taking I-10 on the way there and I-40 on the way back. Any feedback is appreciated!

karina061

4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

We have taken I-40 a couple of times going to the Tucson area and have stayed in Needles at the Desert View RV Resort. It isn't our particular type of park but it is a nice park and with very friendly hosts and lots of amenities, etc. Easy to get to also. Nice for a one nighter but we wouldn't stay for more than that. Check out the reviews on this one if you care to as others liked it better than we did. BTW, if you happen to go further south and take I-8 west there is a great park in Tacna, AZ called Copper Mountain RV Park. Off the beaten path but not that far south off of I-80. Nice folks and we enjoyed our stay there and will definitely stay there again next time we pass thru that area. Hopefully someone else with some more suggestions for you will sign in...................

Enjoy your trip, Bankshot

5. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I realize you're on a tight timeline, but one night at Trailer Village isn't going to enable you to do justice to the Grand Canyon IMO. Is there any way to work in a second night?

Personally, I wouldn't bother taking the time to drive to Lake Havasu. I know some folks really like it, but we thought it was a dying town of no interest to us. Make sure you know what you plan to do there; seeing London Bridge takes the first 30 minutes, then what?