Issues with reviews on new site

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Happy Camper X2, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Happy Camper X2

Happy Camper X2
    Expand Collapse

Hi, not sure if it is me or my computer or the site. Have not been on too much since the changes, still tring to work through with the added info on the actual reviews. The one thing I noticed is the writing is over other writing so it is hard to see and read. As you scroll down a page to find the info the ads or something do not move and the script from the ads are the background so you get words on words.

Anyone else or just me, hopefully you understand what I am saying. Not sure if it is because computer is older or software is older. Do not think it is as bad when I am on my ipad.

Also had to change my user name here as there is a campground or two that I did not want them to see my name in print, lol.

2. Happy Camper X2

Happy Camper X2
    Expand Collapse

Additional issue, again maybe it is just me. When I get to the actual list of reviews for a campground, the first review is fine, the second review is over and inch or 2 and the third is another inch or 2. By the time you get to the 5th review it is off the page and if you scroll over it is not there. Basically I see the first 3 or 4 reviews and that is all. Thanks

3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I know what you are talking about with the ads because I saw the same thing and reported it just after the new site came online. Then it seemed to be fixed, but I guess it is back now, and I will let the programmers know.

However, your trouble with seeing reviews is new, so let me get some information from you:

What type of device are you using to access the site, and what operating system and browser are you using and their version?

Does this occur on all reviews or just sometimes? And just to be clear, what do you mean that the review is "over"? Are they overlapping each other? Are they moved over (not lined up on the left margin) so they are eventually off the page? I'm not exactly clear what is happening here. Can you please try to explain it a little more?

Can you cite any campgrounds where this is happening?

Your answers will be helpful to us and thank you for your help.

4. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I would also suggest that you clear your browser cache and try the same page again. Sometimes browsers will retain page formats even though they have been changed.

5. Happy Camper X2

Happy Camper X2
    Expand Collapse

Currently I am on my iPad and the reviews are lining up great. The overlapping is happening a little but for the most part you can read everything and it is not all the time. This issue must be my work computer which I was on this morning. Work is still running windows XP and windows explorer 8.0. I was looking at Archbold Ohio this morning. The reviews lined up like they were replies to the previous or as if they were indented, so the first one was good, the second was indented and inch or 2 and so on until they were gone. The reviewers picture, name etc all stayed to the left but the text of the review is what moved over. Someday my company may spend some money to bring us up to date.

6. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

The chances are that it's the outdated IE 8.0 that you're using that is causing the problem. I don't think that would be an XP issue. XP is still widely used around the world by lots of companies.

7. Happy Camper X2

Happy Camper X2
    Expand Collapse

Well, I was able to load Google Chrome onto my computer after an act from Congress I guess but that has taken care of any issues that I was having with the site. Everything lines up real nice now.