Uploaded Photo Not Showing

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by bradydane2009, Dec 18, 2014.

1. bradydane2009

bradydane2009
    Expand Collapse

I uploaded a photo for the Ocean Bay RV Park, Ocean Park, WA a few days ago. It is not showing yet. Why?

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks for taking time to submit a photo, but our records do not show that we received this picture from you. Please try to send it again.

Also just to let you know that once a photo is submitted it is put into a queue and reviewed by an admin for appropriate content before posting. So it may take a day or two before photos actually show up on the park's listing.

3. bradydane2009

bradydane2009
    Expand Collapse

I submitted 2 photos yesterday for A Country RV Park in Bakersfield and they are not showing. Why?

4. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

bradydane, according to the answer just before your question the photos go in the que to be approved and it could take a day or two before they show up.

5. bradydane2009

bradydane2009
    Expand Collapse

I got an off topic email saying there is no record of my submission. Photo submission is broken. If you plan to submit a photo wait till it is fixed.

6. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Over 300 photos have successfully been submitted since the new RVPR system went live. I have no idea what happened to yours, but as far as we know the system isn't broken. Possibly you failed to complete all the steps in submitting your photos. Please try again.

7. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Joel, I just uploaded a photo for Ft. Meyers / Pine Island KOA in Saint James City, FL. Can you verify that it's in the queue?

8. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Not to take this away from Joel, but he is probably enjoying a wonderful Christmas morning and I just happen to be online right now.

Yes, Dutch, we do have the photo you just uploaded.

9. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

There we go then, the system is working as advertised. Thanks for checking, and have a great day! :D

10. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I just checked, and we do have your two photos for A Country RV Park in the queue. If these two photos were submitted only yesterday, no one has had time to look at them and approve them.

11. bradydane2009

bradydane2009
    Expand Collapse

On Dec 18th I uploaded 2 photos of the A Country RV Park. When will they be published. Does it take 2 weeks to review them?

12. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

Please be patient. The admins are volunteers and they do need to have some time at the holidays. What's the rush? I know you want your pictures displayed but I'm sure they are not critical to the reviews on the campground.

13. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

According to your previous post #3, you uploaded them on the 24th.

14. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Both of your photos were rejected by the administrator who evaluated them. One of your pictures was of the park office building and was very obviously copied from the park's website. The other was an aerial view of the park which presumably you didn't take yourself. Our site's rules require that all photos be taken by the person submitting them.

15. jimbob07

jimbob07
    Expand Collapse

I uploaded a photo a few weeks back and it was showing until about a week ago. Now it does not show up. I also uploaded an additional photo about two weeks ago and it has never showed up on the site. Just FYI... Thanks

16. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

You have twice submitted aerial views of a particular campground which presumably you didn't take yourself. They appear to be part of a series some of which are shown on the park's website. Our rules require that reviewers only submit photos they have taken themselves.

In addition, I recall you having identified yourself as being an owner or manager of a park. It this is the park you are associated with it is improper for you to be either reviewing it or posting photos. When our "claim your park" option is fully operational you may have the ability to post photos, but until then please refrain from submitting them.

17. jimbob07

jimbob07
    Expand Collapse

I didn't see anywhere on the forum that I could not post pictures of a park with which I am associated. I also did not see restrictions limiting the photos to ones I took. Where are the rules posted ?

18. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Click on the Help button the the menu bar and then scroll down to "Adding Photos to Reviews." You will find guidelines for posting photos there.

19. bradydane2009

bradydane2009
    Expand Collapse

I uploaded 2 photos about a month ago. The system told me they were received. Yet they don't appear. I would remove this feature until you get it to work.

20. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Have you read the replies to your other posts regarding why your photo submissions were rejected?