New Site Problems? let us know here..

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Janet H, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I am not familiar with this so I did some searching and apparently it is some sort of software that is supposed to aid you with email. This is not something that is a part of RVPR.

2. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

You don't need to download anything to use this site. It sounds as if you've picked up some malware that's trying to get you to download more of it.

3. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

4. hr08

hr08
    Expand Collapse

Thank you. I'll run my anti-virus anti-spyware program. And I am able to locate park reviews by using the map instead of searching by city/state or campground name. So, it works.

5. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

I've been lurking mostly just waiting for the bugs to be worked out, (and not camping, darn it), and i would like to mention a pet peeve i have. I thought i'd learn to accept it, but the phrase at the end of each review seems too verbose, and redundant "we stayed at XYZ Park in a motorhome". We already know which park they are reviewing, why repeat the name at the end? Can we have this changed back to "we stayed HERE in a motorhome"?

Thanks,
    Chris g.

P.s., otherwise the site looks great! I cant wait to be able to add more reviews.

dalsgal likes this.
  6. TheJim

TheJim
    Expand Collapse

Sorry if I missed this somewhere. It is a bit hard to search for this particular issue on the forum. On the old website, when you added a review to a listed campground, you had the opportunity to update/change incorrect entries on the listing. On the new website there does not seem to be an opportunity for update when adding a review. I would most often use this to update a website address to one more relevant to the listing or one where the link was broken. Am I missing something here?

7. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

With the new site updates to the descriptive list of park features has been separated from the review process and are no longer automatically approved. To suggest changes to the amenities list, go to the park you are interested in and look at the lists of descriptive items with checkmarks next to them. You should see the word EDIT; click on it and you will be taken to a screen where you can suggest changes. Save your suggestions at the bottom of that page and they will be reviewed by a site administrator and, subsequently, approved.

8. Hutch333id

Hutch333id
    Expand Collapse

Just been to look at Pioneer Trails RV Park, Anacortes, WA to see if there are any new reviews and noticed the two photos credited to me are nothing to do with the park and neither are they the photos I submitted. The photos I submitted showed my 5er on the site and the cabana. The two attached to the park review page are of a bus and a long distance shot of a park somewhere. If I recall correctly, the photos I submitted were attached to the review page but I wouldn't like to hazard a guess about where they are now. I'll resubmit two correct photos for you.

9. Hutch333id

Hutch333id
    Expand Collapse

Ok, something strange definitely going on. I have now just checked the photos I submitted for Deer Park in WA. One photo is correct, the second showing the motorhomes has nothing to do with either me or the resort. I'll go back and upload another photo showing the parkland golf setting.

10. TheJim

TheJim
    Expand Collapse

OK, thanks Joel. I have used the edit function many times to update/add amenities, but did not see where to suggest changes to such fields as the web site. I will look more closely next time and locate it.

Jim

11. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Jim:

Something like an update to a park's website URL is not part of any regular user screen. For that sort of thing the best course of action would be to send a message to the Help Desk.

Joel

12. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

This really is strange. I checked our main photo file and these photos that you say are not yours definitely have your username on them.

Also have you looked at your profile page to be sure all of the other photos that are displayed there are yours? Which brings up something else strange. Our file shows that you have submitted 14 photos (not counting the 3 from today), but your profile only shows 13, so I compared the two lists and your profile is missing one from Coyote Creek. It is the picture of a class C with a person walking down the road in front of it. Does this sound like one you submitted?

We will get this fixed, but it may stay like this for a while so that our programmers can see the problem.

Thanks for calling this to our attention.

Hutch333id likes this.
  13. Hutch333id

Hutch333id
    Expand Collapse

Hi,

I did delete one from Coyote Creek after checking that page too. The picture I deleted wasn't mine either but I did see it had been credited to me. I have submitted several photos today (two for Pioneer Trails and three of four for Deer Park). The Pioneer Trails show my 5er and one of the cabana. The Deer Park show one of the parkland golf setting, two for the pool and I believe one for the main reception building. I have just checked my profile page and there are a total of three photos that I know nothing of; one of a class A, one in the woods showing a class C or maybe a B and a group of people standing in front and the third is a distance shot of what is attributed to be Deer Park but I know it isn't.

Thanks for your help.

#173 Hutch333id, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  14. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Sorry, but I'm going to complicate this some more. We only got 3 photos from you today.

Two for Spokane RV Resort in Deer Park: 1. labeled as pool and hot tub, but they are not visible in the photo. It shows a road with RV sites in the distance. 2. labeled as Parkland golf resort setting and main reception building. Is this the same as the Spokane RV Resort?

One for Pioneer Trails labeled as the cabana and that appears to be correct.

I cannot explain what is happening, but I will definitely report it.

15. Hutch333id

Hutch333id
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Tex,

It looked like I had uploaded several photos simultaneously from my end of things. It looks like I might have to upload photos one at a time. I'll try again if you could just bear with me for a while.

16. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Something is definitely amiss with the photo posting setup. I just took a look at my profile, and the bottom 5 photos listed are not my pictures. They're not even of the parks they're attributed to. I did review those parks and submit photos of them though. I deleted one incorrect photo earlier, and then uploaded a correct photo for Sumter Oaks RV Park, Bushnell, FL.

#176 NYDutch, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  17. Hutch333id

Hutch333id
    Expand Collapse

Sorry to hear that you too have incorrect photos credited to your name but it does show I'm not alone in experiencing this. Cheers

18. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Hutch333id and NYDutch,

We haven't forgotten about you two. I did report the problem and our programmer is looking into it. As I said before we are not doing anything with the pictures right now so that he can see them the way they are and figure out a solution. Thanks for your patience.

19. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the update, Tex. I left everything the way it was other than the one photo I replaced before I realized there was a larger issue.

One correction to my earlier post, it now appears that the bottom 7 photos are incorrect.

20. Hutch333id

Hutch333id
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Tex. I did get an email from the IT support. I tried re-submitting the image but got error messages telling me they were duplicate images and therefore not accepting them. I have passed that directly to the IT support by return of his/her email. again, that has been acknowledged so I know they are looking at the issue. Thanks for taking the time to check in and keep us updated.