New Site Problems? let us know here..

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Janet H, Nov 13, 2014.

1. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

My thanks to the staff for getting the photo issue corrected! I submitted a few new photos that went through with no issues, but I'm not sure if any were the exact same ones I had previously uploaded. None were rejected anyway.

Hutch, I'd guess your original photo file names were still in a database from when you first submitted them. The quick fix might be to rename them slightly.

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Hutch, I reported your problem about the duplicate images, and I'm sure a solution is being sought.

NYDutch, that is a good suggestion about renaming the photos.

And again Hutch, let us know if you try that and what happens.

Thanks for your patience.

3. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks for reporting the image reload issue - I believe this has been resolved now.

4. Hutch333id

Hutch333id
    Expand Collapse

Many thanks for addressing these problems.

5. TheJim

TheJim
    Expand Collapse

6. TheJim

TheJim
    Expand Collapse

I did the same thing for Wiest lake with the same problem.

7. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I've tried several approaches to trying to figure out what is going on here. At first I thought it might be because a "new park" couldn't have its amenities boxes checked, but I've approved your review and done everything I can think of but I still can't change any of the amenities. I'll have to have the Development Team take a look at this.

8. SteelHorseRider

SteelHorseRider
    Expand Collapse

I have tried to post a review on Colorado River Oasis and it has yet to publish. Also when I have written reviews on other camp grounds and I hit submit I cannot tell if it went through because it just stays on the page. Can you tell me if my last reviews have gone through and if not, what am I doing wrong. thank you.

9. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

We currently have two reviews in the queue from you. One is the one you have already noted and the other is a park in Bullhead City AZ.

10. SteelHorseRider

SteelHorseRider
    Expand Collapse

So if I post others they should appear now if they are approved. I passed my one review grace posting period LOL.. I understand the reason to have more then one post so you know I am not a RV park spaming my park... but, I have posted several since the Colorado River Oasis. What happened to the others AV Fair Grounds in Lancaster Ca, Fort Beal in Kingman AZ, Point of Rocks in Prescott, Meteor Crater in Winslow AZ.. are they gone or do I have to resubmit those again..

11. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Your reviews will post after your first two have been approved and are posted. Submission of a review is not the same as having them posted. As I said in my previous response you have only two reviews in the queue at the moment. It appears that the other reviews you submitted did not get into the system. We are working diligently to find a bug that occasionally prevents reviews from being submitted, but it is still eluding us. However, if you don't get a message back when you push the SUBMIT button you should assume that the review has not been received by the system.

12. SteelHorseRider

SteelHorseRider
    Expand Collapse

I am sorry, I must be totally confused. I don't want to be that guy, I really do like this site. I just checked and saw that my original post back in August on the Colorado River park is still there along with the Glencoe one... when do they get approved so I can re post the other 5 I already tried to post but for some reason went into the internet air and disappeared. 6 months is awhile to be waiting on being approved.

13. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Your August review was received in mid-November, just before the change from the old system to the new one. For some reason it appears to not have been swept up into the new queue when the system was updated. I've seen this happen to someone else's review also, but I think it's unique to people who were trying to get their first two reviews into the system.

All that having been said, I've approved one of your reviews and returned the other and have asked you to make some simple revisions. Once you return that review and it is approved then both will be posted. Sorry for the delays, but software upgrading is often a lot more complicated than one would like.

14. dog bone

dog bone
    Expand Collapse

It's been awhile since I was on the site. Looks like a lot has changed. I had a problem logging in, because I only had a 4 character password. All is well. It's going to take a bit to get used to the new site. Something about teaching an old dog new tricks. I don't know anything about the points thing. Got to search around for that info. Is there a members list? I just want to see who is still around and see some newer members. I joined in 2003

15. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Hi there and welcome back. If you want to search for particular members to see if they're still active, use the Forum Settings/Search Members link. From there you can get to a member's profile which will display his/her reviews. However, there's no "list" of members you can access.

16. Kalama Traveler

Kalama Traveler
    Expand Collapse

I haven't taken the time to read through all of the posts, so this may have been answered, but if so, please bare with me. On the 'Review' page, where the 'amenities' are shown, I understand the 'red' is 'no', the 'green' is yes, but what does the 'blue' indicate. I couldn't find anywhere where this is addressed. Thank you for your help. It took a while, but now I enjoy the new site and have learned how to navigate around it. Thanks for being here. The site is a great tool for us.

17. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I'm not sure what you're looking at. On a CG's main page the amenities show as green checks, red "x's" and gray "?'s" I don't see any blue symbols. I'm probably not looking at the same thing you are; please clarify.

18. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

I "think" you might be talking about the blue blocks with question marks in them. That means the answer is unknown.

19. Kalama Traveler

Kalama Traveler
    Expand Collapse

Joel, I guess it is "I say potato, you say patahto". You see 'blue', I see 'grey'. Also, the marks on the red and green look neither like 'checks' or 'x's, they both have a very similar symbol that is impossible to show or describe, and the one in the blue (grey) don't come even close to looking like a question mark, it looks kind of like a backwards 'L', so I couldn't tell what it meant. But with this explanation, all is clear. Thanks a lot.

Is there an explanation of this anywhere on the website?

20. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I think the designers probably thought everyone would see the symbols as they were intended with no explanation being needed. Please tell me what size screen at what resolution you are viewing the site. I have a standard ~16" laptop with a high res screen so I have no problem seeing the symbols.