Yahoo's suggestions for the 10 "best" RV parks.

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Fitzjohnfan, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

2. campinggirl1964

campinggirl1964
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for posting this, Fitzjohnfan. I've been to two of the campgrounds listed and they are very accurate with their comments. The other 8 are now on my "rv bucket list"!

3. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Having been to a number of these places and lots of others in the US in our four years of full-timing, I find this to be a very odd list. For example, IMHO Colonial Williamsburg is definitely worth a visit but I'd be hard-pressed to argue why it would be on a "top 10 list" of places I would want to go. Like any list of its type, take its recommendations with a grain of salt.

4. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

We've stayed in....counting on fingers....counting on toes....a grand total of ONE of those (Ameristar in Vicksburg) but I have looked at CampGulf. I'll have to disagree with the statement that CampGulf is "outside Pensacola" unless you're talking WAY outside Pensacola. It's in Destin, which is about an hour away from Pensacola.

5. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

Williamsburg is probably our most common getaway weekend destination, we have season passes to Busch Gardens and have camped there many times. I too would not put it on a top ten list of places that must be camped at. Sure, it is a great destination, but unless you are big into Colonial history, it is not bucket list worthy.

BTW, stayed at two of these, not too bad for a weekend camper :-D

6. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I kind of wonder if the person who complied the list has even traveled in an RV. But the list was for the 10 most searched RV spots, not the 10 best spots. That could explain things a bit.