Can't search with certain criteria?

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by NicInNC, Mar 6, 2015.

1. NicInNC

NicInNC
    Expand Collapse

There used to be an option where I could enter criteria (my zip code, radius, electric, water, etc) to search for campgrounds. I see that nowhere. Has it been removed? :-(

Nevermind! I just found the answer in another post explaining that I had to first enter info in the search bar. :)

2. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Actually, all you need to do is click on the GO button next to the search bar and it will take you to the main search page which has the options you are seeking. No need to enter anything in the search bar.

3. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Joel, do you know if there are any plans to add the "Advanced Search" link that's been suggest?

4. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Dutch:
    I know there is a plan to improve the search feature, but, I think, it's on hold until the known bugs have been fixed. There's no point to improving something that at least works until those things that don't work have been resolved! :cool:
    Joel

5. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

I'd agree, Joel, but we keep having to tell folks to hit the "GO" button with no text entries, when a basically simple change to add either a bit of text or a link indicating the "Advanced" function would make it clear to everyone. If the "Advanced" search functionality is not working well enough to let people easily find it, then the ability to go there should be temporarily removed in my humble opinion.

6. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Dutch, I totally agree and I had thought that changing the text on the Go button had been agreed upon, but I'm not the one who makes it happen!

7. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Ok, try sending the powers that be this link to show them the concept. The "Advanced Search" button on that demo page took me less than 5 minutes to add. Note that is a demo page only though, and other functions may not work correctly running from my server.

8. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

While working on the search function, im wondering if your programming team is going to try and add "advanced search" capabilities for small devices. I really would like to add items like "pool" and "30amp electric" to my search criteria, but i dont get that on my android phone.