Commo links on left of screen

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by okdiver, Mar 29, 2015.

1. okdiver

okdiver
    Expand Collapse

How does one get rid of these links to facebook, tweets, etc. They cover up the listings on the left side. Hate them.
    Also, I thought the old web site was more useful and accurate.

2. StevenH

StevenH
    Expand Collapse

Links are hopefully a temporary thing. TXBobcat mentioned going "full screen". It moved them over enough on my laptop so I could see most of the city names.

3. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

This website uses the exact same data the old one did; the database was simply transferred to different display software. Therefore, there should be no difference in the accuracy of the reviews. If you have specific examples of things that you wish were different we're always interested in user feedback.

4. flrop

flrop
    Expand Collapse

5. flrop

flrop
    Expand Collapse

How do I remove this unwanted information Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc on the left,side of the screen I can't read the cities within the state. If you feel you must have it, make the display optional. At this time I have to drop the print image size to 80% on my laptop to read the city information. Bring back you old system. It was 99% better than what you have now. The current system it difficult to really determine what information applies to the search response. I understand the need for advertising. But what has happened is now I rarely use the Review software because the of awkward presentation of the information. The advertising data is presented next to the campgrounds information making it difficult to quickly separate the two. Another suggestion is to display the type of rig the review author used at the campground in his/her review. I have been a member well over 10 years and I use the review information when searching for a campground and I have been a contributor over that same time. Since the installation of the new software I don't fine it friendly and have all but abandon using it.

6. TXBobcat

TXBobcat
    Expand Collapse

You can remove the menu on the left side by moving your cursor to the bottom and a dialog box will open that says Hide. Also if you change your browser screen to maximize it might help. It does on mine. Over all I really like the new software. For me this is the only website that gives me the information about campgrounds that I am looking for. I will stay with it.

FWIW
    BC

7. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

With Chrome there's no dialog box, but there's a tiny arrow under the list of social media sites. Click on the arrow and the list will go away (but, at the moment, if comes back on the next webpage you go to on the RVPR site.

#7 docj, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2015
  8. TXBobcat

TXBobcat
    Expand Collapse

Two good minds think alike. Thanks Doc..