Largest number of review?

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Luvtheroad, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

Just out of curiosity, who has the largest number of reviews? I just noticed that a reviewer called "Motorhome Madness" is shown as having 7269 reviews, covering "56" states (last time I checked, we still only had 50 states, but maybe a few more snuck in while I wasn't watching?). Does this person really have that many reviews or is this a glitch?

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Motorhome Madness is not a real account. It is used for a number of different things. Some of the reviews in there are real, some are not, some are tests, some have glitches. Our highest number of legitimate reviews is 531.

3. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

So who owns that very cool pic of the red motor home?

Mike

4. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I do not know, but maybe one of the higher admins knows.

5. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I figured some of it out. The motor home looks very similar to the one used by the Gornike family in the movie RV!!

Mike

6. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Don't know if the RV was owned by Motorhome Madness, but you can find out more about this RV by checking out:

http://www.remarkablecars.com/main/flxible/flxible-00001.html

It's a 1947 Flxible Starliner converted in 1962 and restored around 2008. It was in an auction around then, but couldn't find any other info on this rig.

7. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I think the site counts each state, province, and territory for US, Canada, and Mexico. So if you actually have reviews for all of them it should add up to around 94 "states".

FosterImposters likes this.
  8. LifeRebooted

LifeRebooted
    Expand Collapse

The "motorhome madness" account has id #1, so it's certainly some kind of admin account. My guess is these are thousands of reviews imported from some other place and lumped into this account. However this account bothers me since it's not a real account. When I look at an RV park with a high rating and more than half the reviews are by "motorhome madness" with no dates listed, I consider the reviews and ratings to be useless to me. The value of RVParkReviews to me is the integrity of the site and the reviews, i.e. reviews from real identifiable people. That is clearly missing here and diminishes the value of the site for me.

9. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

So to remove the mystery...

The Motorhome madness account is an admin account. When the software was converted last year we had some orphaned reviews. Most were quite old and for one reason or another no longer had a username or account associated with them. Rather than lose those reviews, we assigned them to the admin account so they could remain posted. In retrospect this may not have been a great idea and so we are going to remove them in the next few weeks. They were real reviews by real members but in the absence of the old accounts, I see how they might be confusing; Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

10. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

This is my feeling on this, I believe they should stay. If they are real reviews by real members regardless of missing account info they are STILL real reviews.

Mike

FosterImposters likes this.