Fresh water fishermen & Rv'ers

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by gillbuster, May 21, 2015.

1. gillbuster

gillbuster
    Expand Collapse

For those Rv'ers who like to fish Fish-water species,... Small/Largemouth bass, panfish and trout, (I like to chase them with a Fly rod... I tie flies & it make more rewarding/challenging). I have a belly boat, kayak and getting a small boat (Sea Eagle)... not looking to give up info on your honey holes... what are your favorite RV fishing locations (I know there is a gizillion places) and why? Thanks in advance...

2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Our favorite is Nickerson Park Campground in CT. The Natchaug River runs right through the campground. In april we book a couple of weeks after the CT DEP stocks the river just up stream of the campground. I have been in the river with my waiters and I have seen the trout swiming just a couple of feet from me. I will do mostly fly and some lure which we have had good luck.

I also have a fishing kayak where I'll do a few casts while kayaking with DW.

Actually were heading out camping tomorrow, plan on doing some kayaking, fishing, fly fishing and just plain relaxing! :cool:

Mike