Cleanest, Nicest Campground Bathrooms & Showers You Have Ever Enco

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by mdcamping, Nov 10, 2014.

1. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

After reading the bathhouse plans thread I thought it might be fun to recognize the best of the best campground bathrooms & showers.

We have 2 first place votes, Turning Stone in Verona, NY and Old Mill Stream Campground in Lancaster, PA

and yes I know some of you folks out there no longer use the campground facilities :D

Mike

2. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I've been in a few memorable bathrooms...

1. The Orange Grove RV Park in Bakersfield, CA. Not my favorite park by a long shot but the bathhouse was awesome! It was spotless, nicely tiled, felt like a high end hotel. There were soaps and shampoos available, etc. No real complaints about the Park except that it caters to big rigs and we prefer rural settings with loads of privacy. Still the bathhouse was an oasis in a hot and dusty park of the country.

2. Beverly Beach State Park, OR - g-loop bathhouse. Not too posh, but clean and recently rebuilt. The floors are heated and in the cold rainy offseason, this is an amazing feature for a state park.

3. Jackson Rancheria, Jackson CA. Clean, spacious, BIG fluffy towels!

3. clecogirl

clecogirl
    Expand Collapse

Another vote for Jackson Rancheria - just amazing views there as well.

4. C n D Travels

C n D Travels
    Expand Collapse

Styled after a Norwegian winter sauna, the restrooms/showers at Healds Haven, Salmon Idaho are the best we've ever encountered. The woodwork is stunning and roomy layout is superb.

5. Hutch333id

Hutch333id
    Expand Collapse

Spokane RV Resort, Deer Park, WA, Pioneer Trails RV Park, Annecortes, WA, Polson Flathead Lake KOA and Coyote Creek RV Park, Sundre, AB are amongst the nicest, cleanest bathrooms we have ever encountered

6. kholmes

kholmes
    Expand Collapse

My vote is for Wine Ridge RV Resort & Cottages, Pahrump, Nevada

7. Tom

Tom
    Expand Collapse

Two campground bath facilities that stand out to me...

Fort Wilderness in Disney World, Florida. Large and clean.

From one of our first trips just before buying our TT... Lake George Escape in New York. This was almost 12 years ago (I think, it has been a while), but... It was a hot and humid day of arriving and setting up. We were going to skip showers (we were in a tent, friends were in a camper). I figured what the heck, and "risked" using the campground facilities. I was shocked - they were spotlessly clean, great water pressure, roomy showers (space for towels and clothes). I returned to the campsite and convinced my wife to give them a try - she was also amazed at how nice the showers were. Later that weekend we noticed that TWICE a day a 4 person cleaning crew (looked like workkampers) would clean the bathrooms and showers. On top of all this, there was no extra charge for the showers. This was a long time ago and I don't know how things are today, but I'll always remember how wonderful those showers were that night!

8. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

We've encountered a few really clean and nice restroom facilities in our travels but the two that are a "step above" the others to us are the Bakersfield RV Resort in Bakersfield, CA and 7 Feathers RV Resort in Canyonville, OR. Both are exceptional in all regards...................

Regards and Happy Holidays to all...............BankShot

9. Happy Camper X2

Happy Camper X2
    Expand Collapse

Off the top of my head, Normandy Farms, Foxboro MA, Boston Minuteman, Littleton MA and Crown Point Strafford NH come to mind as real nice/clean bathrooms

10. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

When we workamped our bathrooms were always clean.

11. JCButler

JCButler
    Expand Collapse

Leave Lagoons RV Resort in Rockport, TX this campground is clean, bathrooms, swimming pool and sites. This has been our over all best outing in the RV.

12. Holiday Rambling

Holiday Rambling
    Expand Collapse

Willow Tree RV Resort in Longs, SC

13. vincee

vincee
    Expand Collapse

Creekside RV Park in Pigeon Forge, TN. Huge showers with a plastic lawn chair to sit on within your own shower stall. Spotlessly clean. Water pressure in the shower was better than I have at home! And the best part, country music playing at a decent volume while you take care of your daily constitution and grooming.

14. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I already posted on this thread but since then have run across what might be the best RV park bathroom in the country. Pechanga RV Resort in Temecula, CA. Granite counter tops, marble everywhere, looks like something out a 5 star hotel or a $10 million dollar home. I was almost afraid to use it for fear of splashing water on the granite or worse................. :eek:

jimLE and nedmtnman like this.
  15. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

Beacon Hill in Intercourse, PA. An adults only campground with amazingly spotless bath houses.

16. jimLE

jimLE
    Expand Collapse

i've stayed at Ratcliff Lake in kennard texas i don't know how many times.but only once since they reopened after a tornado went through there.i'm impressed with how they have those restrooms/showers set up now.their 1 person restroom shower setup's.and there's 4 to each structure..and very clean..and the campsites seem to be in better shape now.but the camp sites are still a work in progress..