View on Google Maps

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Jerry S, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

When I went on RVPR last night, I could no longer pull up the maps of the immediate park area using the "View on Google Maps" on the park listing review page. A box comes up saying that the link cannot be made among other things. Fortunately, I can get to the maps through the main state page by zooming in on the red dot for the particular park. Is anyone else suddenly having this problem? I don't know if it is a RVPR system problem or my notebook.

2. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Nice catch, Jerry. This had been working two days ago. I've reported it. Thanks

3. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

To be honest, I'm just glad it wasn't my notebook. As of this morning, the maps were still not appearing. A few minutes ago, however, I was able to pull up the map for the Wisconsin Riverside RV Park in Spring Green, WI. where we will be stopping next week. I haven't checked to see if it is working on any other parks' pages. I really use those links a lot to see the park layout for satellite reception and how to get there (I'm a know the map person, not a GPS person).

4. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I was able to get the maps if I clicked on the "maps" link from the city page. So for whatever city you're interested in, do a search and get the list of CGs. Without going to their main pages, click on the map link in the park summary on the city page.

5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

This is supposed to be fixed now.

6. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

It does appear to be resolved; nice work!

7. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

Thanks. I haven't had any problems getting the maps from the specific park review page since Thursday.