ok..who.s going camping/rving this summer?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by jimLE, Jun 28, 2015.

1. jimLE

jimLE
    Expand Collapse

i've been camping only once so far this summer.and itching to go again...it's just a matter of deciding where..

2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

We have, for all practical purposes, stopped going anywhere in the motorhome during the summer months. At one time we did but then realized very quickly how crowded most decent parks and areas are during those months and hung it up. We did just get back from a trip north to Washington a couple of weeks ago and our next trip is planned to go out to the north coast of :CA about a week after the Labor Day holiday. From there on we usually get out on the road about every 6 weeks or so. We just don't care to get mixed up in all the summer crowds anymore, guess we must be getting old. Or is is we are just getting wiser with age perhaps.......???

To all those traveling far and wide, or close and narrow, drive safely, have fun and don't forget to unhook the water hose before pulling out.............:eek:

Regards, Bankshot

jimLE likes this.
  3. jimLE

jimLE
    Expand Collapse

i don't mind the crowds,but only as long as it dont get too crowded..and if there's just enough folks in one area.there's less chance on the wrong kind of person going into a camp,when there's no one else there..

4. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

"Summer crowds" is a relative term, for us were still working and probably will for a least another 5 to 10 yrs. with this all said most (but not all) of our trips are built around non holiday extended weekends. We have found the crowds very manageable compared to the peak holiday crowds.
    I guess it's all based on your point of view!

Now I have to admit we will be camping this upcoming July 4th weekend for the first time in probably about 12 yrs or so... we will be camping at a newly built campground/amusement park in CT, My DS and his GF will be with us so they can take advantage of the amusement park rides. Should be a fun weekend! :cool:

Mike

5. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

There is safety in numbers, unless you happen to pick a campground as we did years ago where all those numbers happen to be party people! That's why I rely on RVPR! :)

Mike

jimLE likes this.
  6. jimLE

jimLE
    Expand Collapse

can i pled the 5th on that one? LOL:rolleyes:

7. bud121156

bud121156
    Expand Collapse

[​IMG] Our spot this week at Cross Country Campground,in Denver NC, near Lake Norman.

8. jimLE

jimLE
    Expand Collapse

looks like a good campground..

9. NT2013

NT2013
    Expand Collapse

We are retired so we generally do 3 night stands during the week to avoid the crowds. So far we have done only 3 trips with the trailer this year. The weather has been very dark and stormy with lots of rain and hail here in CO. So it is messing up lots of people's plans. A lovely little NFS campground near Salida, CO had to be evacuated last night due to mud slides. I have taken my trusty tent out solo for seven nights. and we have 5 more trips planned with the trailer plus one more tenting adventure between now and mid September We never camp in the winter..

10. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Went camping once so far about 2 weeks ago. During the weekend, the fishing was horrible because we kept getting the people who "sit on top of you" once you find a good spot.

We did other stuff like jeeping and site seeing, then went back to the fishing during the weekdays.

The campground we stayed at had empty spots the entire time.