Hello From NJ

Discussion in 'Welcome to Campground Reviews' started by 4njcampers, Jul 21, 2015.

1. 4njcampers

4njcampers
    Expand Collapse

Hi! My family and I enjoy camping a lot. While we do enjoy seeing places like Mount Rushmore and the Grand Canyon, we have also found we equally enjoy some of the lesser known historic and majestic spots. Last year, we visited Franconia Notch State Park and Mt. Washington. Both beautiful spots, but everyone knows about Mt. Washington and Fraconia Notch is not a s well known. We also traveled to Herkimer, NY and hunting for "diamonds" was fun but, so was the Erie Canal tour. I stumbled upon these spots and was glad I did. Oh and we loved Hommosassa Springs(Central Florida), Wiki Wachee(Central Florida), Silver Springs (Central Florida) and Jetty Park (near NASA) in Florida. I was wondering if you had any hidden gems near your larger tourist attractions that are worth the stop to make for a good three or four day family trip? As long as we can drive there the kids and I are game. The kids are young teens, but amusement parks are not #1 on the list.

If your headed up to NJ a great hidden gem is Fort Mott and Fort Delaware. It's a full day of historic fun. It's not well known, but a beautiful place. It's in the south western part of the state. Other place in NJ you should not miss Edison Labs (North Jersey, Sandy Hook (Gateway National Recreational Area)(central NJ) and Monmouth Battlefield (Central, NJ). I know there is Atlantic City, Ocean City, The Wildwoods, but really Cape May has a lot to offer as well, a donation only zoo, a historic village (Cold Spring Village), amazing views from the lighthouse, treasure hunting at Sunset Beach (Cape May Diamond which are like sea glass) and an excursion train (Cape May Seashore Lines).

Hi From NJ and hopefully you can help us have adventures in your state!
    DSC_0707 Medium Web view.jpg

2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum!

The Erie Canal tour is on our to do list!... very interesting about the history.

See you on the open road! :cool:

Mike