How often do you re-review a park and other ??

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Fitzjohnfan, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

About 4 years ago we stayed at a local park near a large lake here, and I was the first one to put in a review for the park. A couple of weeks ago, I stayed there again and learned About more amenities and info about the park, than I put in before.

The quality of the park hasn't changed. No one else has put in a review for this park except me, so if I review it again (to add more info), wouldn't this look suspicious to other users? Do you folks put in a 2nd review for a park, if you stay there again?
    For the admins, I didn't see any rules about re-reviewing a park, but are there any?

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

It is perfectly OK to write a second, or even a third review for the same park, but the dates of stay should be at least 90 days apart. We understand that people sometimes go back to the same park over and over again, and things may stay the same or they may not. We certainly would not consider it to be suspicious if the reviews are 4 years apart.

This guideline is found in the Help section. In that section click on the Help button in the drop down menu on the left side of the page. I did not realize this is not a part of the Review Guidelines and it should be. I'll report this.

3. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I would like to reinforce Texasrvers comments; we strongly encourage people to submit multiple reviews of the same parks because those reviews serve as excellent indicators of "trends.' Someone who liked a park will most likely be the first to notice changes, for the better or worse. Such sequences of reviews become excellent reference material for other users.

4. Hutch333id

Hutch333id
    Expand Collapse

I have been going to the same RV park for several years now as our weekender location. So far there has only been me that has submitted a review which I tend to do once or twice a season. I have no affiliation to the campground but I hope the reviews I submit are helpful to those considering a stay there.

5. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I have had a few campgrounds that we have really enjoyed where we will visit/review for a few years in a row and then find another favorite where we will do the same.

Mike

FosterImposters likes this.
  6. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

We usually like to review a park or campground more than just once. Things do change such as ownership, and conditions or amenities inside the park, etc. so we feel it is good to report such changes from time to time to apprise everyone. It has nothing to do with me wanting to keep my typing skills honed to perfection...............honest.............:D

7. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Actually, even if nothing changes, it is good to know that. Your review is just as valuable if nothing at all is different. Knowing that a good park remains good is important information.

8. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

We just trended down a campground that we had regularly visited. Seems they decided to make some changes we didn't like. This said still a very nice campground though doubt we will be going back. Mostly because were now bored of the area.

Mike

9. Mike Jh

Mike Jh
    Expand Collapse

I just realized I haven't reviewed any park in a while. I need to update a few of the reviews I did leave already.

10. jimLE

jimLE
    Expand Collapse

i believe that,the more a person learns about amenities and info about a park,the better.and because of that.if making a 2nd or 3rd review about a certain park.the better.on acount others will see and read those reviews.and will know if they want to stay there or not.everyone has their own interest in parks and campgrounds.so,the more they know.the better.