Need advice about Pipestem West VA

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by hopefulone, Aug 2, 2015.

1. hopefulone

hopefulone
    Expand Collapse

We changed our minds about purchasing a travel trailer for our Tahoe. Just did not think we would use it as much as we wanted and thought the Tahoe was not enough for what we would need to pull. So, we are glamping in a very nice tent...two couches, a chair, and a queen bed (all inflatable lol).

I made reservations at Pipestem - could only get 30' electric. My concern? Some of these campsites look great for motor home/travel trailer, but look not so great for tent camping. It is hard to find many pictures on the internet.

Anyone ever been? Do all of the Travel Trailer/motor home sites work for tents? Or would there be just too much pavement?

2. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Did you check Google satellite views to see what the park looks like? That may answer your question about how many of the sites are paved. You could also call the CG directly and tell them you would prefer a grass or unpaved site.

3. hopefulone

hopefulone
    Expand Collapse

I ended up contacting them and wow, they have STELLAR customer service. I ended up needing to move my reservation back a day and add one on the end, and they took care of that immediately. She also made sure we have a great site for a tent!

4. Emery

Emery
    Expand Collapse

We stayed there in 2011. It is an old Campground designed decades ago by a man that did not know anything about RVs so it can be challenging in a large rv and especially anything with slides.

The park was quite nice, though and the people kept it in great shape and really went out of their way to help us work around the issues. My review should still be in the history.

hopefulone likes this.