Posting About Your Own Park In A Discussion Forum

Discussion in 'Park Management' started by rmunguia01, Sep 10, 2013.

1. rmunguia01

rmunguia01
    Expand Collapse

How come your not allowed to speak about a park that you work at in a discussion forum?

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

If the comments contain the park’s name or location that is considered a solicitation to get people to come to the park, and that is against our rules.

3. Bay07

Bay07
    Expand Collapse

How is that? If I stayed at a Resort or RV park then I would want other people to know the name and location so that they can also enjoy a great place to stay! I mean I get on this website to read reviews and read about different parks so that if i am in that area then I would want to stay there.

4. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

That's why we have a review section that very clearly states the name of the park and its location.

Perhaps you did not notice that the OP inquired about a park that he WORKS at. The purpose of this site is to provide reviews from RV travelers, not park owners. Owners/workers are welcome to make general comments in the forum about their park (and we have some very valued members who do this), but any mention of the park's name and location is considered an attempt to advertise or solicit business, and we do not allow that.

5. TranQuilguy

TranQuilguy
    Expand Collapse

This post may not fit but here go's it.Yesterday we had a caravan of <8> Cedar Creek RV Owners Club and I want to be bold and review them!Wow wow wow ,My life would be heaven if all people RVer's were like this group!Fun loving,giving and sharing God blessed me this week end.What a fun set of friends they were.
    Any of you owner / managers that get this group of wonderful people in your park you will have your faith restored in you fellow humans.
    Sorry this is something I had to let other RVer's know were out there and how to treat others.
    You'll find the best people RVing.... Tom

6. jimbob07

jimbob07
    Expand Collapse

Just a commentary about RV park reviews....
    We recently had a camper who stayed with us for a long weekend. He completely ignored our speed limit and our pet guidelines ( leash, pick up after them ) and then became very hateful when these things were pointed out. He slammed us on a social network site. I haven't seen anything here yet, but it would not surprise me if a bad review did show up.
    My point is that this site should have a means for the RV campground to respond to reviews...both favorable and negative. Too many times, campers don't take the time to review the park when things go as expected and many times the negative experience is s result of poor communications or expectations that were not managed properly. I just think it would be a good deal to have an open forum to give both sides of the story. My park has very good reviews...I just don't like to see the bad reviews when I know the background. It's too easy to vent at the expense of the park with no means for rebuttal.

willranless, rh4001 and ColemanTT like this.
  7. RickB

RickB
    Expand Collapse

I wholeheartedly agree. I like to do a little research first when it comes to shopping, restaurants and lodging. I usually ignore 1 star reviews, especially if their name is "A Google User". On this site a majority of posts are a little less anonymous and I tend to trust their reviews. On this site, all of the posts from individual reviewers are available to read. It's easy to get a sense of whether their reviews lean towards generous or toward stingy.

8. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

I have stayed at parks that were given a 1 rating because the reviews before it were good reviews and the one with the 1 rating was a person ranting about the park. I look at several reviews on a campground before discounting it.

9. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

I wouldn't worry about the odd one review either. I rather enjoy reading them though. It's usually pretty easy to read between the lines to see that the writer is just throwing a tantrum. Now if your establishment is being graded using the Net Promoter System then that odd one can be very damaging.

Darrell

10. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

I read reviews that complaint about bugs and flying creatures when someone intentionally camped in the forest. There are reviews that downgrade a remote park for not having sewer or cable TV. Complaints about there not being a live person to check in with on a 24/7 basis. Didn't like the CG because there was no shade and it was Hot in August. Or picked a wonderful spot among the trees and then complained that they couldn't get satellite signal. Picked a CG to stay at that was five feet from the interstate and then complained about the noise. Then there is the person who complains about not getting a premium site when they were only doing an in-and-out over nighter.

As was said before, I wouldn't worry about someone who can't be pleased and most RVers know that researching is the key to having a pleasant stay at a CG.

There is an option to mark a review as Helpful, or not. And, I think I read somewhere on this site that the administrators had plans to allow the owners to do what you were suggesting about responding to reviews.

HappiestCamper and mdcamping like this.
  11. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

On the Bottom of the RVPR home page there is a campground owners link explaining the new features that will be coming soon, as mentioned before owners will be able to reply to both favorable and negative reviews.

I also wouldn't put any stock into a review that is on the extremes, doesn't fit in with the other reviews and if the profile only has a few reviews.

Mike

12. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

I saw a review about park right on a SC beach. The reviewer complained that there was sand everywhere. Anyone that can't ignore that complaint is likely to be someone that is going to complain about the noise of the waves themselves.

13. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Or the guy in Grand Teton park who complained that those tall green things blocked his satellite access!

14. Jack B

Jack B
    Expand Collapse

Today I read a review of a Kansas RV park that we had stayed at and found it to be very like the rest of Kansas: windy, treeless, and little grass. It was a very nice park for what the terrain had given them to work with and was a great stay. The reviewers complained of no trees or lawns and say they left in three hours. The settlers were called "soddies" for a reason. What did they expect.

15. rh4001

rh4001
    Expand Collapse

I also own a high end B&B 4.8 star out of 5 with a small 7 site rv park on another property.The rates on the B&B are $120+ per night the RV is $28 and he complains that he wasn't allowed to use facilities in the B&B like sitting in the living room, The B&B is also my personal residence and rv park reviews lets it be posted and we cant respond.This guy probably dry camps at wal mart and uses the pool at the hilton and writes bad reviews when he gets asked to leave and as a owner we cant do anything to clarify

16. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

We are hard at work getting ready to implement the "Claim Your Park" feature of RVParkReviews. Once this is working (and we expect that will occur in a couple of months) park owners, such as yourself, will be able to respond to reviews such as this one.

17. padre

padre
    Expand Collapse

Unfortunately their are plenty of inconsiderate people. That's why we need owners to enforce their rules. Most campers will thank you for it

FosterImposters likes this.