This and That

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by flugelboneman, Aug 17, 2015.

1. flugelboneman

flugelboneman
    Expand Collapse

I just noticed that I have several ratings "under review" in despite me submitting revised copies. Also of interest, out of 67 reviews I have submitted, it appears as though only 3 were "helpful". Just wondering about these two aspects. I too was more comfortable with the old format, but quite certain, there is some "resistance to change" at work here.

2. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

The "Was this campground review helpful?" feature is new with the site remake, so older reviews will not have those results. I also suspect not a lot of readers take the time to single out specific reviews that were more helpful in arriving at an overall impression of a given park.

3. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

In order for me to mark a review as Helpful, I prefer one with a bit of detail about the quality and condition of the campground facilities and it's amenities. Starting off, I like to know if the CG roads were fairly easy to get around on. Things like how the sites were and did the utilities working properly. Were they large enough and level? The condition of the bath house, pet area, and other amenities are helpful. Other RVers may not be, but I am always interested in knowing about cell coverage, WiFi, and satellite or OTA TV reception.

It would be interesting to learn what others think makes for a Helpful review. I suspect there are some wide differences between those who have a lot of RVing experience and those who are out for a few weekends or are on vacation for a shorter period.

nedmtnman likes this.
  4. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

When I fulltimed and planned my stops along the way I needed ( note needed ) campground info like RLM mentioned. Most important was the RV part of the campground.

5. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Single reviews seldom give me all the details I'm interested in for a given campground, and I prefer reading multiple reviews anyway to get a better overall feel about the quality based on different opinions and experiences. That does make it difficult to single out many reviews as more helpful than others.

nedmtnman likes this.
  6. Florida Native

Florida Native
    Expand Collapse

I have never marked a review as helpful, but many obviously have been so. I just discovered the like button on the forum.

HappiestCamper likes this.
  7. vincee

vincee
    Expand Collapse

I would think just as writing a review the reviewer will include and comment on the things that are either important to him/her when choosing a campground or perhaps what is obvious whether nice or not when there. This will then will drift into the type of review they write. I don't think any of us are professional writers (hah! you can tell that by my post!). I am like NYDutch in that I like to read multiple reviews to try and gain a consensus on a particular CG I may be interested in. I must also confess to not seeing the "was this review helpful" tab before but I will look forward in the future.

8. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I am curious as how the, was this campground review helpful? "No" button is going to work.

Seems to be in a very gray area, where as almost any review could be considered not helpful given every person has a different point of view on what a review should look like.

Mike

9. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

That is a very good point. With respect to different view points, it might be that the same could be said for the Yes vote. I think that the common website use for this type system includes both choices.

10. John S.

John S.
    Expand Collapse

I know the like dislike button was becoming a pain on a site I am moderator on. It is a pretty big site and we just changed it to Like only. Solved lots of issues.