Submitted three, two posted.

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Hoopdog729, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Hoopdog729

Hoopdog729
    Expand Collapse

I submitted three reviews this morning. Two were posted immediately but I can't find the third. What happened to that one?

Thanks!

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I can only find two reviews that you submitted and are now posted. If you submitted a third one, we did not receive it. Please try posting it again.

3. twotimes

twotimes
    Expand Collapse

Why are some peoples reviews getting posted immediately and mine are sitting somewhere from a week ago waiting to be posted?

#3 twotimes, Aug 30, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  4. Ned

Ned
    Expand Collapse

All I can say is I've posted 3 reviews in the past 3 days and all have posted immediately. Perhaps a problem with your internet connection, or somewhere else along the route to the site.

5. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks for your question. Submitted reviews are approved in several ways. Review admins try to look at each review, checking for inappropriate content, formatting issues, spelling errors and advertisements. Ads, personal info, rants and profanity in reviews are not allowed and when a review has been submitted that doesn't meet the basic guidelines for reviews we send those back to the reviewers for edits. We fix spelling problems as we find them.

We have some filters in place that automatically check newly submitted reviews for some of these problems and any review rejected by a filter is read by review admins before publishing. Some other reviews may be green-lighted by the system and will instantly appear. Reviews submitted by newer reviewers are always looked at by admins but more experienced reviewers may have some of their reviews automatically approved. The automated system is not infallible, however, and, as a result some reviews that have none of these issues may be held for admins to read.

Our aim is to have accurate and useful reviews by real campers and the best way to get that result is to have real campers oversee the process but we also know that folks who take the time to submit reviews would like to see them posted quickly and so this is where automation helps out. We continue to "fine tune" the algorithms used in this automated process and, over time, we expect to be able to further improve it so reviews are posted with less delay.

We deeply appreciate the time and effort made by reviewers to add to the wealth of info about parks and we publish both positive reviews and negative ones.

Here's a link to our review guidelines: https://www.campgroundreviews.com/docs/guidelines

6. Jane-D100

Jane-D100
    Expand Collapse

I also submitted 3 reviews in August and only one posted. I hesitate to do more if they aren't posting.

7. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I see four of your reviews posted in August, two from SD, one from MN and one from WI.

dalsgal likes this.
  8. Lindab3

Lindab3
    Expand Collapse

Submitted 2 end of August although we are new, but neither posted and seen others posted from september. We always depend on this site to see what a campground is like before we go. Keep up the good work

9. Jane-D100

Jane-D100
    Expand Collapse

I can now see all of my reviews.

10. Jane-D100

Jane-D100
    Expand Collapse

They have all posted!

11. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Please read post #5 in this thread which explains why some reviews are posted before others. That said, both of your reviews were submitted on 8-30 so they should be read and considered very soon now. As the camping season slows down, reviews will be posted faster. Thanks for sending these in, and we'll look forward to getting more from you.