Changes To Website Review Approvals

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Webmaster, Jul 4, 2006.

1. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

This is the number of parks that are supposed to be in that city, but we know that the number is not always accurate, and we have reported it to the programmers.

2. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

It is supposed to be the number of CG's in that town but it isn't and that's a known bug which has been reported to the development team. Thanks for being an RVParkReviews user.

3. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

Hey pianotuna. I have posted reviews in the past using a copy and paste and they worked ok. I think ( not sure ) I wrote them using TEXT. That may help

4. Chris1-

Chris1-
    Expand Collapse

I received a message following my first review saying it would not be posted until my second review due to the possibility of staff posting rave reviews, my words not yours. Ok, I get it. But, this is the only park I come to, I am only here for a short time, I have pictures of events I would like to post to prove I'm a real camper that lives this park. I might have misunderstood your rules, but if I'm not allowed to post until I've posted for numerous parks and not for ninety days how does that help campers to know if a park is good for them ....now???? I guess if II want to go somewhere else I'd have to look here 90 days in advance as opposed to while I'm on the road, hope that whomever posted remembered to post again 90 days later and went somewhere else and posted about that knowing full well it won't be posted. It just seems to me there has to be an easier way to make sure its legitimate. I've been coming here since 2005, I'm old, I could die before you post for me. :)

5. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

You can make repeated posts for the same park as long as they are at least 90 days apart. In fact, we encourage people to make multiple posts of their favorite parks so as to establish "trend" data. So you are welcome to review this park again whenever your 90 days is up.

6. Garry Denke

Garry Denke
    Expand Collapse

Misspelled "accommodations". Sorry for error, Thanks!

The Parkway RV Resort (& Campground)
    Orland, California (map) | (530) 865-9188

7. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

That's the sort of error that usually gets caught when the site administrators process a review, but thanks for bringing it to our attention. Since this is your first review I assume you understand that it will not get posted until you have an approved second review.

Garry Denke likes this.
  8. Garry Denke

Garry Denke
    Expand Collapse

Absolutely. Nice site, Thanks!

Emma Wood State Beach (& Campground)
    Ventura, California (map) | (805) 968-1033

9. Garry Denke

Garry Denke
    Expand Collapse

Only two (see above). Trip totaled three (3).

Spirit Mountain RV Park (Mojave People)

Mojave Valley, Arizona (map) | (928) 346-1225

10. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Don, that rule change was posted 9 years ago. The rule and the site ownership have both changed since then.

Garry Denke likes this.
  11. Jerryandsherrie

Jerryandsherrie
    Expand Collapse

Is anyone aware?? when we click on the town dropdown menu the bar to move the names of the cities does not always come up and you can't search by city name. Very annoying,

12. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Hi - I'm sorry you're having trouble. Can you tell me what browser you are using and what device? Tablet, PC or...?

13. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

Did approval process change again?

Not that is matters much, but my reviews were instantly being approved, but today I did two that went into a waiting to be approved queue. Don't really care either way, just though it was interesting.

14. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

yeah same thing happened to me last week, usually they get posted right away, but this time it went into the waiting to be approved queue. No big deal for me either... more just curious.

Mike

#94 mdcamping, Aug 8, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2016
  15. Jack B

Jack B
    Expand Collapse

Once I click on one city name in a states scrolling list the scrolling list locks up. The map works and I can move about the map and open Parks, but I can no longer move the scrolling cities up or down. I have to get out and get back in the state to re-activate it. Using MacBook Pro 10.10.5

16. Russ60

Russ60
    Expand Collapse

Same thing is happening with my reviews. They were being directly posted, now they require approval. What's up?

17. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Some reviews get slowed down if they contain proper names and I think this is what happened with one of yours. We get a bit backlogged this time of year - it's a busy season :)

18. Russ60

Russ60
    Expand Collapse

I understand and like the previous poster's, it is no big deal. The question is why are they being reviewed at all when previously they were being directly posted after we submitted them?

19. Russ60

Russ60
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the PM. I get it now and it makes sense, If the software checker identifies an anomaly then it goes for review. Again thanks for the PM and the explanation.

20. Gayle E.

Gayle E.
    Expand Collapse

Mine have been going immediately to posting, but I had one that I edited the information for the park. It listed them as having 50 amp, when in fact, they only have 20/30. My review didn't directly post, and I'm sure this was why. It posted a week or two later. My reviews since have directly posted.