Review posted to wrong campground

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by NYDutch, Sep 15, 2015.

1. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

There is a recent review posted for the Jonestown, PA KOA on Lickdale Rd that is incorrect. The reviewer stated that the KOA has been renamed to the "AOK" campground. The campground located at 11 Lickdale Rd, Jonestown, is still very much an active KOA campground. The former KOA campground located at 145 Old Rte 22, Jonestown, PA, has been renamed the "Jonestown AOK Campground" and their website is www.jonestownaokcampground.com

Apparently the "AOK" campground on Old Rte 22 has not previously been reviewed.

Deb Herlein likes this.
  2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks for reporting this. We are already aware that this review is posted for the wrong park, and I've been trying to fix it for several days, but there is a bug that keeps me from moving the review to the correct park even though I have entered the correct park into the system. I have reported this to our programmers, and will fix it as soon as the system lets me.

3. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Tex! I had reported it when it first appeared, but I wasn't aware of the problem with changing it. Thanks for the update!

4. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

No problem. I'm sure it looked like we weren't doing anything, but I'm trying to.

5. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

And I really do appreciate your efforts! I'm sure the bugs will all be swatted down in due time... :D

6. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Is any progress being made on resolving this issue? I think it's unfair to the Jonestown KOA that folks are being misinformed about a name change that in fact applies to an entirely different park. Can the incorrect review at least be taken down while the technical issues are sorted out?

7. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Sorry, but the glitch has not been fixed. I checked on it again just last night. But you are right; the post needs to come down until the programmers fix the problem. I did not think it would take so long to fix this and my apologizes to the reviewer for having to remove his review.

8. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, Tex. I'm sure it'll get sorted out eventually, with the review placed where it belongs.

9. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Good news. I think this is fixed. Another admin came up with a way to "wire around the meter" as the saying goes. The glitch is not fixed, but using his suggestion I was able to get the park listed and move the review to the correct park, and also to get another review posted that had come in for the same park. Sorry it took so long.

10. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Great! I'm glad it worked out, even if it was a " work around". Nice job, guys!

Hutch333id likes this.