Requested info not in published review

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by VegasVagabonds, Oct 5, 2015.

1. VegasVagabonds

VegasVagabonds
    Expand Collapse

I really like the new site and format. Just curious, some things like site # that I provide in the review don't seem to show in the published version. Am I missing something, and if not, why are you asking for it? Thanks!

2. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

You are correct that we are asking for more info than is currently displayed but there is a method to the madness... this info will be available in the future so folks can make more informed choices about parks and specific sites. Rather than display empty results initially, we have begun collecting it from reviewers so that new information areas can be populated when these features roll out. Having info about specific sites for instance might let someone with a 42 foot rig know how well that specific site might work for their rig.

As an example.. I recently camped at a COE park and when I made the reservation the site appeared to be plenty long enough for my truck and trailer. When I arrived however I discovered the site was at a right angle to the loop road and there were trees across the road.and on either side of the site. Backing in was almost impossible. The site next to mine was the same length but at a better angle to the loop road - much easier to park. This would have been nice to know when I made reservations.

RVPR is still being updated. Last year we had a major software overhaul and have slowly been adding new features and tools. There are more in the works and some of the questions we ask when you submit a review are designed to help implement a more robust snapshot of a park.

Reviewers aren't required to supply this extra info but we hope they will as it contributes to the collective knowledge. Thanks for asking the question and for submitting reviews; we appreciate it!