When are owners going to be able to respond

Discussion in 'Park Management' started by rh4001, Aug 21, 2015.

1. rh4001

rh4001
    Expand Collapse

Would be nice if we could respond to reviews when is it going to happen especially since RV reviews lets reviewers post false rates, fake reviews and misleading available services and we cant respond.In the owner section it mentions soon but when is soon??? We would also like to thank reviewers for positive reviews

2. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

We are hard at work getting ready to implement the "Claim Your Park" feature which will include the ability to post comments as you describe. It's my understanding that development team has implementation scheduled for later this year.

3. rh4001

rh4001
    Expand Collapse

Thx doc you should hear both sides of a review and give thanks when warranted

4. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Hi rh4001

I would just like to clarify that this sites policies/guidelines are meant to reduce the ax to grind & advertisement type reviews. Some of those policies include: having to post a 2 review minimum, no review over 6 months being allowed, having to write a few descriptive sentences about the park. Also before any review goes online the reviews are reviewed by volunteers who are them self's Rvers.

Many of the forum members here have many reviews online with a long history with this site, these profiles are very transparent for both Rvers and owners alike. This also adds weight on which reviews should be considered and which should be ignored.

Mike

#4 mdcamping, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2015
  5. John S.

John S.
    Expand Collapse

I think the weight of multiple reviews is what people look at not one poor one. I know I have had a terrible time at some parks ad have reviewed them as such. One where their was no water or the people lost our reservation etc. I have never been back to those parks and reviewed my experiences. I will say that most places have been fine and some have been fantastic. I do not know that I would consider the parks owners response as anything other then the silly advertising that Good Sam does and rates the parks. In fact I would probably discount the owners response and figure they are argumentative and not a place I want to stay. Of course it hurts to read a poor review but the person thought enough to write one. I doubt many meet the requirement of multiple reviews if they own a competing park but the weight of other reviews will overpower the poor one.

6. Jetjock

Jetjock
    Expand Collapse

That would be fantastic, we have a couple of reviews on our site that are totally false, the person has lied like a rug about why they were asked to leave and it difficult to take when we work so hard to make a good impression and then get trashed.

7. Andy R

Andy R
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

The campground owners interface will be available this fall. Inside there you will be able to manage your amenities, set your hours and seasons that you are open and also reply to reviews. Please go ahead and claim your campground and we will be emailing you when the system goes online.

8. Spring Lake RV

Spring Lake RV
    Expand Collapse

How do you claim your campground?

9. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Go to the main page for any campground and look for the "Own this campground?" link in the upper right corner (see screenshot)

claim.PNG

BTW, your park (Spring Lake RV) in Crossville TN shows as having already been claimed. If that claim wasn't placed by you please contact the Help Desk.

#9 docj, Oct 9, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  10. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Just curious, how's the owners interface coming along.

Mike

11. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

We're going through the final phases of linking this new feature to the existing site software. I'm not privy to the actual work so I can't put a firm date on when it will be completed, but I would expect it would be sometime in late January.

12. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Thank you for the update.

13. Holiday Trails RV Resorts

Holiday Trails RV Resorts
    Expand Collapse

Hello,
    I see that the "Claim your Park" feature has become available for one of 7 Resorts we own. I quickly jumped on the opportunity to claim my page and be interactive with your/my audience. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to address reviews and also thank our guests. I also noticed that my other 6 resorts cannot yet be claimed. Would I be drawing the correct assumption that this feature has only been made available parks in the US? I

14. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I just arbitrarily selected a few parks in Canada and the "Own This Campground?" link was definitely present. I assume that your statement that your parks couldn't be claimed was based on the absence of this link. Are you sure that someone on your staff at those parks hasn't already submitted the necessary information? Even though implementation of this feature is just beginning, the links themselves have been present for at least 6 months or more.

15. Holiday Trails RV Resorts

Expand Collapse

Hello Doc J,

To clarify the "claim your park" links were/are present however I had requested a claim for all properties and only got the access to one. Should I assume access is delayed but coming for the remaining resorts?

16. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

We had over 1000 owners pre-register their parks for the Claim Your Park feature. We have begun to approve those registrations, but it will take time to get to all of them. I see you have 5 other parks registered, and as far as I know Canadian parks are being approved right along with the US parks. We are working as fast as we can, and I'm sure your other parks will be approved as soon as possible. Thanks for your support.

17. Holiday Trails RV Resorts

Expand Collapse

Thanks for the update Texasrvers. I am happy we are now able to interact with our guests using RV park reviews. In my humble opinion it was the one thing missing from this great resource for RVers. Thank you to those who made this happen.

mdcamping likes this.
  18. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I hope you also noticed that approved owners can now upload photos to augment their RVPR listings. By being able to control the information about your park and display photos you essentially will be able to use your RVPR as an adjunct to your own website.

19. Tamtam

Tamtam
    Expand Collapse

Good Morning! I've claimed my park already, just curious how I'll know when I've been approved? Very excited to hear this feature is being implemented!

20. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

When you are approved you will receive an email explaining how to use the feature. Unfortunately, our staff has to verify every "application" to make sure that the person applying actually is the park owner or manager. You surely wouldn't want someone else to take control of your park's listing! We have a team engaged in verifying the applications and, hopefully, it won't be long before yours is approved.