Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by FosterImposters, Nov 26, 2015.

1. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Hope this finds you all warm and cozy. Anyone cooking in their RV right now? If not, bring some vino and come on over. Plenty of room and food. Cheers!

2. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

And the same right back atcha! I hope all the members and their families are safe and sound for the holiday!

We parked our coach at our upstate NY cottage a week or so ago, but we're letting our two daughters that live nearby do all the cooking this year except for a couple of pies. We made one of our rare transitions a few days ago into staying in the cottage for awhile, so I could rip out the 14 yer old Norcold fridge in the coach that's become increasingly less reliable. Yesterday I installed a new residential fridge in it's place, and now just have a bit of trim work to do to finish the job. Then I'll install a dedicated inverter for it.

3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

We're letting someone else do the cooking, but we'll certainly do the eating.

Happy TG everyone! If you are traveling, be safe.

4. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

No cooking for us too! We will be heading to my sisters. For today agenda, football, a few adult beverages, some outdoor games and of course lots of eating! doesn't get any better!

Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels

Mike & Family

5. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

We're having dinner at a campground fest later today. The CG provides the turkeys, dressing and potatoes and the rest is potluck. Good food, but eating dinner at 1pm is a bit early for us.

Saturday we'll make our own turkey with oyster dressing, just like we've always done.

Best wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving to all,
    Joel (AKA docj) & Sandie

6. Tallboy

Tallboy
    Expand Collapse

We also are having the feast at the campground at 1 PM. Pay $4. for the turkey, mash potatoes, and gravy being made by the campground cook and the rest is potluck.

7. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Okey dokey. Fashion tip for the day: stretch pants!
    :rolleyes:

8. Andy R

Andy R
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

We did an early lunch this year as we have some travel plans later. My tummy is now full and I'm a happy man. Now it's time to kick back and watch a little football before we hit the road.

I hope everyone else has a happy and healthy Thanksgiving too!

9. Hutch333id

Hutch333id
    Expand Collapse

Happy Thanksgiving to all our US members from your frozen cousins north of the border.:)

10. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Plenty of leftovers cousin Hutch, so come on down for a spell. Sounds like we all may have a bit of topsy turvy winter this year (El nino), but you are all welcome!

Hutch333id likes this.
  11. dalsgal

dalsgal
    Expand Collapse

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and a safe one today. In case someone hasn't noticed, the admins have been doing the reviews even though it's a holiday. Great job volunteers!!!!!

Tallboy and Hutch333id like this.
  12. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Still celebrating Thanksgiving & cooking more turkey this weekend, cooked a 15# turkey with all the trimmings yesterday and today we did a home made turkey soup!

Guess what we will have for leftovers tomorrow night! ;)

Mike