What I'd Like To See On The Review List

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Steve and Kathy Burnett, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Steve and Kathy Burnett

Steve and Kathy Burnett
    Expand Collapse

The "Big Rig Access" on the review field is a big help, but "big rig" means different things to different people. I drive a 40' and sometimes a 45' RV with a tow car. I'd love to see a menu where you could select the size of the rig you drive. Example:

I drive a: Motorhome | 5th wheel | trailer | NA
    Length: 30- 35' | 36-39' | 40-45'
    Tow car? Yes/no

I always try and comment that a park has easy access for big rigs, but then one could also see that I drive a 40' or 45' RV with a tow car. I've been to a few places where my 45' rig just didn't fit, but it was marked a yes for big rig access :)

2. Luvtheroad

Luvtheroad
    Expand Collapse

I agree. We have a 38' fifth wheel, which isn't enormous but is big enough when trying to get into a tight spot. We've pulled into parks that advertised themselves as "big rig assessible" only to find out that they were nothing of the kind. Now when we call to make reservations, we quiz them thoroughly on the accessibility, tight turns and overhanging limbs (which is another problem when you're 13'1" tall). Even after that, we've had some places where our idea of "accessible" and their idea of "accessible" are miles apart.

3. Ralph H.

Ralph H.
    Expand Collapse

QUOTE(jamarynn1 @ Feb 26 2012, 01:05 PM) [snapback]28862[/snapback]

I agree. We have a 38' fifth wheel, which isn't enormous but is big enough when trying to get into a tight spot. We've pulled into parks that advertised themselves as "big rig assessible" only to find out that they were nothing of the kind. Now when we call to make reservations, we quiz them thoroughly on the accessibility, tight turns and overhanging limbs (which is another problem when you're 13'1" tall). Even after that, we've had some places where our idea of "accessible" and their idea of "accessible" are miles apart.

4. Wink

Wink
    Expand Collapse

I think it has to do with what the person writing the review has for a camper.A person for the most part with a Scamp or pop up has no idea what it takes to get a big rig in a site. It is not just how long the site is but where trees and such are where you have to turn to back in or pull in. I need fifty feet to clear the road and get my back storage door open. But the trailer is only thirty feet long with a eighteen foot TV. from front bumper to the hitch ball. I need fifty feet clear to open my back storage door and clear the road. But I will still get in a lot of camp sites that you will not get a long wheel base forty two footer in due to how close trees are where you have to back or pull into the site. Also we are at twelve feet high and most do not take that into consideration when writing reviews. :(

5. TedandJan

TedandJan
    Expand Collapse

I agree it needs something if the site is going to stay current for today's RVer.
    I pull a 45' 5er and it is a real concern. There could be two yes/ no boxes. One big rig access up to 40' and one big rig access up to 50'. Otherwise Max site length would help.

Ted

6. Visionrider

Visionrider
    Expand Collapse

I see this thread is older, but this is the exact reason I started a search for this topic. I too would like more information than "Big Rig access" and "motorhome". The addition of length categories and tow Y/N would be very helpful. How do we get this in front of the Administrators/Programmers?

7. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

You just did.

Thanks for your suggestion, and this information about big rigs and towing has been suggested in the past, and I'm sure our programmers are already working on a way to add this, but we can certainly remind them again that this is something reviewers would like to have added.

8. Visionrider

Visionrider
    Expand Collapse

Thank you Texasrvers for your reply. We love this site and these changes would be very helpful as stated before.