Florida campground with RV Port?

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by easydoesit, Oct 16, 2015.

1. easydoesit

easydoesit
    Expand Collapse

I see the ads for Retama in Mission, Texas that has an attractive RV Port next to a small home with a private courtyard between. The ads I see for Florida or East coast locations seem to have steel ports with little architectural appeal. Perhaps someone knows of something similar.

2. Arnold Tobias

Arnold Tobias
    Expand Collapse

Bay Lake RV resort, Polk City Fl. Concrete pads with full hookup and your choice to build from various size homes. From houses to casitas. Last I checked 2 lots left.Also one in Arizona the name fails me but they advertise in RV magazine

3. Ellistea

Ellistea
    Expand Collapse

These are all over the desert section in Southern California, too. You can probably find even more by googling it. Seems like a great marketing idea for retirees.

We are certainly looking at these ourselves, or finding a home with enough land to build a nice RV garage or casita, or buying a house with a separate RV garage. Found a bunch of homes with big RV garages in, of all places, Boise and Eagle, Idaho! (Eagle is an upscale suburb of Boise.)

mdcamping likes this.
  4. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

X2

This would be a big plus for us too. Hopefully when we reach retirement we would like to find something more out west with an oversized garage, canopy or something of the like. I like the idea of keeping my RV maintenance to a minimum, especially concerning the roof.

Mike