Pottsville South NSW Australia 2015

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Jason Goodwin, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Jason Goodwin

Jason Goodwin
    Expand Collapse

People enjoyed the post of our Sawtell trip this year so I thought a would provide another Beach based trip report from 2015.
    pottsville-south-1.jpg
    Pottsville South is situated on the North Cost of New South Wales Australia. In terms of where we live in Brisbane the drive is about 2 hours to the location. In this drone photo the park is mid point of the photo adjacent to the Bridge and sits on the inlet.
    PS2.jpg
    The park is an older one so the streets are a bit on the narrow side for getting the truck and beast in. Set up on the site, concrete slab and its nice and level.
    PS1.jpg
    View to our friends old van which you can just about pick up and carry to the site! Relatively new amenities which are tidy and the camp kitchen is also spot on!
    PS4.jpg
    The sites are on the inlet so you are literally on the beach. View from the beach in front of the beast.
    PS9.jpg
    Its all about the water at this particular park so its literally beach cricket, swimming weber cooking and a few beers each day. Livin' the dream! Tide out with a view to the mouth of the inlet from the beer garden!
    PS11.jpg
    As I said you go there to slow down and spend time with the kids. Food, Friends & Family....and a few beers every now and then is all you need in life.

mdcamping, BankShot and Rollin Ollens like this.
  2. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

A beautiful layout, Jason! Thanks for sharing it with us, you have some fantastic places to visit in your country!

Jason Goodwin likes this.
  3. Jason Goodwin

Jason Goodwin
    Expand Collapse

Thanks @NYDutch!!! I plan to put a few more on if the site admin is happy for me to do so!

I have a few "Bush Camping" ones to add.

4. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Looking forward to seeing them, Jason!

5. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

We certainly have our beautiful areas in the good old U.S. of A. but there are some incredibly beautiful areas in Australia as well. I've been up into the Blue Mountains area a couple of times and stayed in Katoomba and Leura and squeezed my way thru the Jenolan Caves complex, even taking those steps down to the underground lake and then having to climb back up them afterwards. Some spectacular scenery up in " them thar hills" for sure. Thanks for all the great pics Jason. I am still working on how I can get our motorhome on board a tramp steamer and head south for a couple of months. Darn thing is too big, they tell me I will have to use the Emma Maersk container ship..;)

Regards, Terry (aka Terry)

6. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

PS: Hey Jason -
    Don't forget to back me up on what I was trying to explain to Jack B in your other thread about the infamous Green Didgereedoo. I wouldn't want him to think I was just yanking his chain about that nasty old lizard that roams all over the outback............. :eek:

7. Jason Goodwin

Jason Goodwin
    Expand Collapse

Spot on @BankShot the Australian thunderlizard can swallow you in a single gulp. Remember the motto "Australia...where everthing can kill you"
    cue Australian Croc picture........
    123794.jpg
    Apparently actual photo from the Northern Territory of Australia a Croc with a wild Pig

mdcamping and BankShot like this.
  8. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Jason, welcome aboard and THANKS so much for all your pics! Am soaking up the magnificent scenes, shorelines, GATERS and all! Cheers from Southern California!

9. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

If you Amercian folks will take notice of that croc's tail, the end is missing. Why you ask? Because the croc made the mistake of crossing paths with a Green Didgereedoo lizard and the lizard bit it off....... :eek:

10. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Looks like down under Reptiles rule, cool Pic!! :cool:

Mike

11. nedmtnman

nedmtnman
    Expand Collapse

I just love your posts. Keep them coming.