Website Suggestions

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by RGL, Apr 17, 2016.

1. RGL

RGL
    Expand Collapse

When using the campground locator map, it would be useful to have the pushpin icons colored by the ratings of the campground. For example: 08-10 = green, 06-08 = blue, 04-06 = black, 02-04 = orange, and 00-02 = red.

It would also be useful to have the icon be different based on the ownership of the campground like city, county, state, BLM, Forest Service, National Park Service, private, etc.

These changes would make finding a desired campground on the map quicker and easier.

Bernadette Newman likes this.
  2. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Those are both excellent suggestions and I've forwarded them to our development team.

Unfortunately, at present most of our listed campgrounds are not directly coded as to whether they are in state or national parks, etc. There are lots of reasons for wanting to do this but it would involve a massive data insertion effort so it's not likely to happen in the near future.

3. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

It is a good idea. What about crowd sourcing the data entry, much like the way campground amenities are done now?

4. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I can suggest that to the site owner but that's not within my purview to decide.

5. Team Asphalt

Team Asphalt
    Expand Collapse

It would be helpful if the list of one's reviews included the name of the CG in addition to the date. Most of us probably remember the name and location more than the date. Thanks

6. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

When I look at the list of my own reviews (or anyone else's) the name of the park and the city are on the right side of each review (see screenshot). Isn't this what you are seeing?

parks.PNG
    Joel (AKA docj)

7. CarlW

CarlW
    Expand Collapse

It would be great if a GPX file of all 15,000+ RVPR campgrounds was available to be downloaded.

Todd and Heather likes this.
  8. kylekai

kylekai
    Expand Collapse

As CarlW suggested, a GPX file would be a great resource. It could be used by various apps that would in turn generate more review pages being viewed. It would be a win-win for everyone.

9. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I wish this site would do more for promoting it's self, you have a great product!

The past couple of years I have been seeing more & more of those trip adviser stickers on the campground office doors. wish this site would do a similar mailing. Also Isn't the 15 anniversary of RV Park Reviews.com coming up or here , that might be worth tooting your horn about! Or maybe an affiliation with a bigger organization.

Yes I understand I am not aware of how this web site works or the business part and I am NOT trying to tell anyone how to run this site. This is just my observation or my web site suggestions. :)

Mike

10. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Thanks for your interest in RVParkReviews. We are actively working to increase our visibility with RVers and RV park owners. Currently, we are encouraging park owners and managers to "claim their listing" so they can, among other things, respond directly to reviews of their park. As you suggested, we have also been distributing door stickers for owners to display.

We appreciate your interest and involvement in RVPR. Members like you are what really make the site what it is today. Thanks for participating.

Joel (AKA docj)

mdcamping likes this.
  11. Todd and Heather

Todd and Heather
    Expand Collapse

I definitely agree!

12. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

13. westlaker

westlaker
    Expand Collapse

I wish I could quickly rank a search by camp user rating... I don't want to page through all the low quality parks in an area...

14. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

So what you are saying is that when you search for parks in a certain area, you want to be able to see only those parks that are rated average or better. That is a good suggestion, and we will pass it along to our site developers. Thanks.

15. westlaker

westlaker
    Expand Collapse

Yes, or better, rank them in order, best to worst.

16. westlaker

westlaker
    Expand Collapse

... and I'd like to do this by city, state, area....whatever geographic sublevels you offer.

17. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

So, (for example), you want to see the system generate a list of parks in the Orlando, Florida area, up to to 25 miles away from Orlando, that have an average rating or above, and listed in order of ranking from best to worst. That's a pretty tall order, but our programmers just might be able to come up with some kind of "sort" function that could accommodate this. It doesn't hurt to ask.

18. westlaker

westlaker
    Expand Collapse

That's it... we need to quickly sort for the better parks and book them. Other's might want to sort on price but that's not my issue.

19. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Maybe those features could be added to the 14 optional advanced search choices.

20. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Good idea. Thanks..