Mobile Web Site Suggestions

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by RGL, Apr 17, 2016.

1. RGL

RGL
    Expand Collapse

It would be useful if the mobile version of your web site which I get when using a browser on my phone or tablet had a similar locate by map function to what your windows web site has.

It would also be useful if there was and android app version of rv park reviews so that I didn't have to go to my browser each time I want to use it.

2. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Both Android and iPhone apps are under development and are due to be released this camping season.

Most tablets will display the map if you use them in landscape mode, rather than portrait. I don't think any of the phones will do that, but I'm not sure what a very large phone, such as the Note, will do. This does work for iPads and tablets such as the Nexus.

3. drfife

drfife
    Expand Collapse

We also need the ability to upload photos from our cell phones. Currently, I get an error message that the photo is too large and must be resized to upload. I can upload from my laptop.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

4. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Are you sure the picture size (in MB) is the same when you're sending it from your laptop as from your phone? My phone pix are now 3MB; you're not going to find many websites willing to upload a photo that large. You can download photo editor apps that can reduce the size of the photo before you send it.

5. drfife

drfife
    Expand Collapse

I upload photos from my phone to many different sites. RV Park Reviews is the only one that rejects them. The others have the ability to resize on receipt.

You are correct, the file size is different from the laptop. But, I can easily resize from the laptop. Not as easy with Android photo gallery.

RV Park Reviews needs to be user friendly to cell phone users, like the rest of the Internet. It's a simple fix. Talk to your web developer.

6. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

With all due respect, I participate in numerous online forums, none of which will accept high resolution photos from my DSLR or phone. The sites you frequent may permit this but there are plenty that do not.

7. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

8. drfife

drfife
    Expand Collapse

I give up.....

9. HappiestCamper

HappiestCamper
    Expand Collapse

Never looked at it on my phone before. Opened the browser, then told it use the desktop site - works fine. An Android app will be nothing more than a web browser that limits where you go (just like the Facebook app, Twitter, your local TV news stations, etc.) The problem is all these apps will run in the background - slowing down the phone and eating up the battery. I got rid of all of those and only use Firefox browser - phone runs lightning fast and battery can go for days.

10. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I agree; lots of apps are far less functional than what you can do when using a browser. But some users are so accustomed to using apps that they won't use the site without one.

HappiestCamper likes this.