First time Tiny Homer in East Tx

Discussion in 'Welcome to Campground Reviews' started by Brittto, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Brittto

Brittto
    Expand Collapse

Howdy everyone,
    My name is Brittany, I'm 26 and I live in a tiny home. I am new to RV living but look forward to sharing the pro/cons from living minimal.

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks for joining our forum.

3. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Welcome Brittany! And, welcome to living small! You are among friends of all ages here, and there is oodles to read. Cheers!

4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

We have been using this one RV park when we visit relatives. Been there many times and have our favorite space that we reserve each time due to location in the park, size, and ease of getting in and out. Well guess what. Last time we went there, someone had put a tiny house in that space and it is now a permanent space. Some tiny house people really have the nerve.........:mad:

Hey Brittany, welcome to the forum. Hope you enjoy participating with the rest of us that have wheels on our tiny houses. Lots of good info and folks on board that are only to happy to be of assistance when needed. Next time we go to that RV park I plan on just parking right in front of that tiny house and blocking "their" view that we once had............. :D

Regards, BankShot (aka Terry)

5. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

Noticed from your posted reviews that you're in the Tyler area. Very nice up there. Welcome to the forum.

6. TXBobcat

TXBobcat
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if your meaning living in an RV as a tiny house or an actual tiny house. I was at an RV Park that had a tiny house builder near by outside of Luling TX..

DSC_0259.jpg

This is an example of some of the tiny houses.
    http://www.countryliving.com/home-design/g1887/tiny-house/

Do you live in one like these or an RV..
    BC

#6 TXBobcat, Apr 17, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2016
  7. Jack B

Jack B
    Expand Collapse

So is a "Tiny House" , a "Park Model" ?? Park Models I know, because I think that spaces occupied by Park Models should not be counted in the "Sites:...." available tally that appears in a Park's profile. I'm thinking "Tiny Homes" arrive on a tilt-flatbed and slide onto a pad.

8. TranQuilguy

TranQuilguy
    Expand Collapse

In this case and most we have seen they are considered park model.In Texas being built on a flat bed or car hauler trailer and all used RV hookups as in sewer hose,electrical plug and water line.Keeping it 399 sq ft and less,and no taller than I think 12ft6in fits the limit and qualifies as a RV.
    Hope that helps

Tom

mdcamping likes this.