The "General Chat" forum

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Webmaster, Dec 10, 2005.

1. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Skymessenger you have responded to a several year old post; I doubt the person who posted it is still around to read it.

But as for the question, some Facebook RV groups have been buzzing this past week about a story from Florida in which a park asked customers to leave even though they had paid for a longer stay. To cut to the bottom line, Florida law permits this as long as the park gives the customer notice in writing that they are to leave and refunds a pro rata share of any monies paid.

From what I've read, the law in FL doesn't specify an advance notice, just "please take your stuff and leave." The basic premise appears to be that customers stay "at the will of the management" and can be asked to leave at any time. Sort of like "at will employees" who can be let go without any particular reason being given.

2. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

In general, stays at RV parks, hotels, etc., for less than 30 days are considered "at will" and require no notice to evict. Longer stays start getting into the individual state's tenant laws, where a legal eviction process must be followed with suitable notices, etc. That's why some parks require a credit check for longer stays, just as an apartment owner might. Refunds would likely be dependent on the reason for the eviction in accordance with the establishment's posted rules and policies that we agree to when checking in.

3. Skymessenger

Skymessenger
    Expand Collapse

Yes, after I sent it,, then I realized it was several years back when the original post was written. Thanks

4. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

5. gootie

gootie
    Expand Collapse

campground icons have returned. Thank you

6. Nineoaks

Nineoaks
    Expand Collapse

Wally World sells a drying compound that my cousin swears by, it is not expensive. I have also heard that several pans of cat litter place in the unit will absorb moisture too

7. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

8. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

For the shower issue, I use a small off brand DampRid product that comes in shelf type container and is called Moisture Eliminator. It can be gotten at Dollar Tree for a buck.

For the entire rig while in storage where there may not be electricity, you can buy the 64oz size DampRid at places like Home Depot. I do a bit of redneck engineering by securing a mess screen over a 5 gal bucket and then spread out the crystals on top. I dump the liquid and replace crystals about every 3-4 weeks.

9. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I hadn't really paid much attention to this part of the forum until this evening. Decided to read all three pages of posts and this moisture thing grabbed my attention. Just last winter we noticed that five of the overhead cabinet doors had separated around the joints, with a couple being really "split: open. This had been a very, very wet and damp winter for us as this never happened in past ones. I talked with several RV folks about this and was told that it was excessive moisture inside the coach that was the culprit. We had them repaired and went out immediately and bought a dehumidifier. Hooked it up and ran it all night and by morning I was amazed as the amount of water that had been drawn from the air and stored in the container. Must have been at least a quart and a half or more. We used it from there on and no more problems. It will be put back into use shortly as we enter our winter season. Never would have believed so much water was present inside the coach until the dehumidifier showed it to us................ :eek:

BankShot..................(aka Terry)

10. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Yep, back when we stored our TT's and then our coach for the winter, we ran into the same moisture related problems. We used the same Oasis dehumidifier for over 10 years to cure the problem. Now we have the heat on in colder weather of course, so there's no problems with moisture besides a few partially fogged windows on cold mornings sometimes.

11. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

We have our dehumidifier with us all of the time up here on the coast. De-laminating cabinets was not my biggest concern. Mold was/is. Most RVs are pretty air tight and thus trap moisture from cooking, showering and just breathing. In the winter we can dump the three liter bucket daily. Check for mold as well as damage to anything that can hold moisture.

Darrell

12. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

For the past 20 years, I have used dehumidifier crystals, not only in winter, but all year round. The motorhome has vent covers, so I can leave the vents wide open for better air circulation. The motorhome is kept in a storage compound when not in use, so I try to check on it every 2 weeks or so. Even though where I live is considered a dry area, in winter the moisture levels can get fairly high. We have had 3 motorhomes during this time and have never had a moisture problem inside that would cause any problems. The key was to provide as much air circulation as possible. That's why I've used Maxxair vent covers and dehumidifier crystals. It does the job.

13. Aqdas Seo

Aqdas Seo
    Expand Collapse

Hi every body how are you

14. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi Aqdas Seo. I can't speak for the others but myself I be doing just fine and moisture free since the last post back in Oct. 2017. How be you...........?

BankShot...........(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  15. Webmstr

Webmstr
    Expand Collapse

So is there a way to post video's to this site?

16. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I'm not aware of it being available as of now

Mike

Paythebill likes this.
  17. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

How about posting the video to Youtube or another video site, then posting the link to the video to this site?

Paythebill and mdcamping like this.
  18. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

One of the better video reviews I have seen. It would be nice if had a "voice" and vocabulary to make my video a little easier to watch then I would be including a similar link to my written review. it is easy to do . FYI NOT MY VIDEO.

Attached Files:

#58 Rollin Ollens, Sep 8, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
    Paythebill likes this.
  19. Marceline

Marceline
    Expand Collapse

do you have any introduction thread?