What Are Your Pet Peeves Rv'ing?

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by imagardener, Aug 7, 2012.

1. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Some parks already do limit dogs by size and/or weight, as well as by headcount.

Kevin2 likes this.
  2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

No need to apologize. You just brought up a topic that many people are interested in. Everyone expressed their opinion in a friendly, non-confrontational manner, and that is what the RVPR forum is all about.

Organic1 likes this.
  3. Organic1

Organic1
    Expand Collapse

Thank you!!

BankShot likes this.
  4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Amen Texasrvers,,,,,,,,,,, That's what I found out early on in joining this forum. We are all different other than the fact we love our RVs and everyone on this forum should be able to voice their opinions without fear of being singled out or made fun of of, etc. This topic of dogs and even other assorted types of pets can get some feathers ruffled at times, especially feathers that get ruffled easily. The main thing is that we all share our thoughts and opinions on given topics without making someone else feel like they shouldn't be heard or able to speak their piece, etc. Hey all, it's a holiday weekend out there. Hope all who are out on the roads and in the campgrounds and parks are enjoying a great time. Sip a cold one for me, we are laid up this weekend, the very significant other half of this RV team is recouping from knee replacement surgery so there's no "wild party" going on at our digs...

Drive safe and come home happy................BankShot (aka Terry)

mdcamping likes this.
  5. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I defiantly agree, We all have different view points but we all respect those view points which is why this forum works so well!

Terry, hoping your co pilot has a speedy recovery! No camping for us either.. this weekend Oncall for my job.

Next weekend were heading to assateague state park in MD! :cool:

Mike

6. Tallboy

Tallboy
    Expand Collapse

Your Rottweiler would be welcome at the park I workamp at in the winter. Have had that breed there before. Very loveable dog. Have a guy who has a very loveable pit bull. The most dangerous thing on her is her tail.

The main complaint at the park is dogs that bark (I feel the same way) and owners who don't pick up the dog poo outside of the park. This park is out in the country so some owners don't think they need to pick up the poo.

Organic1 likes this.
  7. Organic1

Organic1
    Expand Collapse

Thank you for letting me know about that campground. I know we're not supposed to mention campground names in this forum. Is there a way I could private message you to find out what campground you workamp at? Again, thank you!

Kevin2 likes this.
  8. Tallboy

Tallboy
    Expand Collapse

I sent you a message on the name of the campground. Did you get it?

9. Organic1

Organic1
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much, it looks beautiful! Sorry I was working and didn't have a chance to log on until now.

Tallboy likes this.
  10. Mr. Wolf

Mr. Wolf
    Expand Collapse

There are access points that allow you to enjoy the water without being disrespectful and walking through someone's site. You're attempting to justify your rude behavior by blaming it on the park.

11. drfife

drfife
    Expand Collapse

Don't be a jerk.

I am offended you call me rude. Obviously, you did not read my posts.

Over and out....

12. Mr. Wolf

Mr. Wolf
    Expand Collapse

Lol! You're offended at me calling you rude for not taking offense at walking through a neighbor's site.

13. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

OK guys, stick to the subject and stop provoking each other and calling each other names or we will need to take administrative action.

rracer5 likes this.
  14. Jack B

Jack B
    Expand Collapse

Mr. Wolf, this thread was laid aside about three weeks ago. Check BankShot's posts.
    The discussion was no longer productive and, as you can see, had begun to chafe.

15. Beth1

Beth1
    Expand Collapse

I would like to see a pet limit of 2 pets across the board. It is my experience that RVers with or more (dogs) are the worst at following rules: picking up after you pets, noise issues and, in general, crowd control. I travel with a large gentle giant who is very quiet and I have owned 2-3 dogs at a time from min dachshunds to golden retrievers and St Bernard's. So I think I am an informed and experience spokes person. I also travel 10k miles or more each summer stopping at a variety of campgrounds. Multiple dogs seem to be one of the most negative issues we encounter.

16. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

One of my pet peeves RVing is watching people hijack a thread on RVparkreviews, and start bashing each other.

rracer5 likes this.
  17. Nineoaks

Nineoaks
    Expand Collapse

I am usually happy and easy to get along with but noise late at night (the kind that wakes me up) is disturbing and usually I am vocal about it to the noise-maker.
    I think most people are there for the same reason I am there, to kick back and enjoy some of the quiet life.

18. rcflyerrv

rcflyerrv
    Expand Collapse

This is totally one of my pet peeves, and it does relate to weather, but not for the weather itself. We recently stayed in one park outside Fort Worth that had had rain earlier that morning. I understand the park owners can't control the weather, but not having road bed and site beds that don't have you driving through mud isn't acceptable IMHO. This park had huge mud/water filled potholes, and out site had so much mud in the pull thru area, we couldn't help but getting it all over our new RV that we had just picked up.

I guess this really boils down to poor park maintenance.