Locating Messages?

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Todd and Heather, May 29, 2016.

1. Todd and Heather

Todd and Heather
    Expand Collapse

We have a single message in our 'Inbox' for this web site.

No doubt, the message has been in there quite a while (probably the original 'Welcome to the Forum' note from a year ago). However, no matter where I look, search or click, I can't seem to locate how to read said message.

Any guidance as to what procedure I have clearly overlooked would be greatly appreciated!

Best Regards,

Todd

2. Todd and Heather

Todd and Heather
    Expand Collapse

I think I just figured it out. The number stands for the number of posts made in the Forum section. (Smacks Forehead) Doh!

3. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

If you were to have a message it's indicated by a red number in the upper right corner of the screen next to the envelope (You have mail) icon. Click on the envelop to read your message.

4. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

That depends on where you saw the number. As docj indicated, if you actually have a message that was sent to you, there will be a number in red beside the envelope to indicate how many messages you currently have that you have not read. On the other hand, if the number you saw was located beside the Messages label under your avatar, then that indicates how many messages you have posted in the forum.

5. Todd and Heather

Todd and Heather
    Expand Collapse

Thank you both for your detailed responses.