Google Maps Not Accessible

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Jerry S, May 31, 2016.

1. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

While checking recent reviews for RV parks I will be using as I head home this week, I can no longer pull up the google map of the park from the review page. A note pops up saying something to the effect that I (my IP or computer or whatever) am not allowed access to the google maps on this site. Since I also noticed that the presentation format of of the reviews has changed somewhat, I am assuming that my being unable to pull up the google maps is due to a change that you have made. I use a regular notebook computer using Google Chrome as my browser.

2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Ditto for me. This has been happening for the past couple of hours. I have copied the message that keeps coming up as Jerry S indicated. A glitch no doubt, hopefully it will be a quick and simple fix....

The Google Maps API server rejected your request. This IP, site or mobile application is not authorized to use this API key. Request received from IP address 209.33.45.153, with referer: https://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions/montana/red-lodge/red-lodge-koa

3. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

The programmers may be working on the system, but I will alert the higher up admins to this. Thanks to both of you for letting us know.

4. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

Thanks BankShot - I am not tech savvy enough to copy that message onto my post. Also, thanks to Texasrvers for getting on this right away.

5. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

The programmers have been informed about this. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon.

6. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

This should be working now. You may need to hard refresh or clear your cache before the pins reappear.. Thanks for your patience.

7. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

It has worked (so far) for the few times I tried it today. Thanks.