Website problem

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by MarkandMarty, Jun 17, 2016.

1. MarkandMarty

MarkandMarty
    Expand Collapse

In the last day or so as I try to use the website it scrolls on it's own on many pages. The one thing I notice that appears to be common to these pages is an add for the postal service. The auto scrolling makes it impossible to use the site.

2. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

I have also experienced problems in recent days. Within minutes of being on the site, I'll be checking new review and be unable to scroll down on a RV park's list of reviews. Then I will get a notation pop up saying that "Shockwave Flash has crashed" followed by a box that says RELOAD. Even if I "reload", the same problem recurs just minutes later. I'm lucky if I can be on long enough to write this.

3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I have been experiencing a different problem the past couple days. When I try to go to a campground website or use Google Earth, the page locks up and a box appears telling me a "script" is being used that is causing the page not to load and so on. I am unable to close out the page and/or return to the previous page so I end up having to press control/alt/delete and close the entire session and restart all over again. Sometimes this seemingly solves the problem but then within a few minutes it does the same thin all over again. I try debugging the script but that doesn't work either. Appears some virus or other malware has gotten into the site perhaps...........???

BankShot (aka Terry)

4. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

BankShot,

It sounds like we are having the same problem except for the message (yours talks about "Script", mine about "Shockwave Flash"). I do not have to use the control/alt/delete move, but I do have to disconnect from the internet and then get back on. This problem is not happening unless I am on RVParkReviews.

5. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

The only reason I have to use the control/alt/delete method is that the page completely locks up and I am unable to go backwards or forwards so I too have to use that method to get out and then log back in once I log back onto the RVPR site. Must be a glitch happening somewhere in the system. This doesn't happen on other websites and never has before on RVPR either up until just recently................

6. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

Try adding an Ad Blocker. That may help.

Darrell

7. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I had a similar problem a while back,

If you have the latest version of firefox, in the top right hand corner there should be 3 horizontal lines , click on it and then click on add-ons. It will list all your plugins/add-ons and show which are up to date, which need updating and a option to disable if you want to.

I just disabled mine, never had a problem again or problems with anything else. (so far)

If you have internet explorer of something else not sure where the file is so you will have to do some searching

Mike

8. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I was just now checking out an RV park and everything was fine until I clicked on Google Earth to get a view of this park from the air and from street level if possible. Everything was working fine and the first smaller Google Earth map popped right up. But then as I went to the larger map, it came up slowly and then it froze and banner popped up telling me that a script was being used that needed to be debugged, etc. I clicked on the tab that said "Debug Script" and it went to some sort of banner across the bottom of the current map page but I couldn't make a thing out of it so tried going back to the previous page. Nothing happened no matter how I tried to get off that page. Couldn't close out or return to any previous page so I ended up having to use the control/alt/delete method to log out of my Firefox browser and then long back in. This is only happening with the Google Earth feature on the RVPR site. When I use my regular Google Earth that is installed on my PC everything works fine......??? Something strange going on with Google Earth on the site. This has never happened before...................o_O

Terry

9. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Seems to be working Ok for me a couple of hours later. It could have been a Google problem not an RVPR one.

10. MarkandMarty

MarkandMarty
    Expand Collapse

Yep! I just tried it and it seems to be OK now. No matter what the problem I'm glad it's fixed.

11. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Whatever was going on with Google Earth has evidently been cleared as I just logged on to check out two parks and upon using Google Earth on both, everything worked fine again. As Docj stated it must have been a Google Earth problem on this particular site. Seem to be okay now tho..............

12. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

My guess you folks might have noticed this already, but I noticed on the state home pages that every town is listing a high amount of campgrounds.

Mike

13. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for your heads up Mike. I just noticed this also. In checking the number of parks in the Ashland, Oregon area for instance the map shows 9 parks but the cities list on the left shows 58 parks for this same city/area. The other cities are showing the same discrepancies. I have to wonder if someone is hacking into the site and playing games with us perhaps............???

BankShot..........(aka Terry)

14. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

No, no hacking. The lists are now including parks that are in other towns, but nearby the main city you searched for.

15. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I was worried, I thought it was Trip adviser hacking us! :p :D

Mike

16. Jerry S

Jerry S
    Expand Collapse

Going back to the original problem: When several others said they stopped having the "screen freeze" problem, I continued to get it but only if I were on the website for 10-15 minutes. Originally, it would happen just minutes after getting on the website. I have now gone two days without encountering the problem. I guess I'm just a little slow. It comes from being a Luddite

Denali likes this.
  17. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I should have been more observant , if I recall before the towns listed on the state home pages only showed the campgrounds in their respective towns.

Now it seems the towns listed on the state home pages reflect miles, starting from the campground closest in town to campgrounds extending about 50 miles out of town

Mike