Your Best And Your Favorite Rv Park(s)

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by jan-n-john, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Holiday Rambling

Holiday Rambling
    Expand Collapse

Agree

2. Kalama Traveler

Kalama Traveler
    Expand Collapse

Our favourite is Desert Shadows RV Resort in Cathedral City, CA. We travel some in the spring and summer, but stay here for Jan-Mar. It is an unbelievable place. It was built in 1986, but you would think it is about five years old. Beautiful flowers, extremely well kept, more activities that you can believe. My wife says that " If you can't find something to do, it is not the park's fault". It is a 55+ park with 460 spaces. If you try to stay by the night, it is about $70 per night, but if you stay by the month, it is $1100. This may sound like a lot, and it is, but you really get what you pay for. This only one of two that I have given a "10" to. It is even open in the summer, if you are a gluten for punishment. This is our fourth year here, and will come back next year.

I just realized that I had responded to this question about two years ago, and I guess the answer is the same. Desert Shadows.

FosterImposters likes this.
  3. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

One place we seem to keep returning to because it offers everything our family enjoys is Cutty's Resort Hayden Creek (Colorado). They have lots of things for our kids to do (pools, basketball courts, miniature golf, volleyball, tennis, etc.) and activities for the adults to do as well. the price is reasonable, and the sites have lots of trees for some privacy.

Another place I keep recommending to others is Custer State Park in South Dakota. Beautiful campgrounds, several scenic drives in the park and close to other things to see like Mt. Rushmore.

4. edj

edj
    Expand Collapse

Monte Bello near Taos, NM
    It is small, friendly, great views of plains and mountains, and close to Taos

Mt Magazine State Park near Paris, AR
    It is also small, highest peak in the state, good lodge nearby for food. good hiking trails;
    but most of Arkansas' state parks are very nice.

5. thomasgunnar

thomasgunnar
    Expand Collapse

How about a couple from Canada. One in BC and one in Alberta.

Gold Mountain. Small, only 25 sites, well treed, on the river. It is located between Princeton and Hedley BC. This spot is approx 27 mins. from my driveway to theirs.

Devon Lions Campground. Large, over 200 sites, well treed, clean, has many seasonal residents. On the river as well. We always stop here when we travel to Alberta.

6. ozzyandheather

ozzyandheather
    Expand Collapse

We love Sun Lakes Park Resort by Coulee City, WA!

Arizona Nancy likes this.
  7. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I will add 2 more to my favorite list! :cool:
    Grandview Campresort & Cottages, Moodus ct
    Winhall Brook COE, South Londonderry VT

Mike

8. Hutch333id

Hutch333id
    Expand Collapse

We like to go out but still have PWS available to us; so that limits our locations slightly. However, our favourite weekend getaway is Coyote Creek Golf & RV resort, Sundre, Alberta.

After that I'm torn for a 'best' between Polson/Flathead Lake KOA, MO and Spokane RV Resort, Deer Park, WA. Both have great facilities but are quite different from each other in appearance.

Bernadette Newman likes this.
  9. Bernadette Newman

Bernadette Newman
    Expand Collapse

Mccall R.V. Resort is really nice in Mcall Idaho (reminded us of Tahoe). Quaint little town on Payette Lake which is beautiful!they have a beautiful lodge with inside pool, hot and sauna. We saw lots of deer and a couple resident fox hanging around. There are great gift shops and waterfront restaurants. Our Yorkies had plenty of "hiking" area as well.
    I must say, Idaho state campgrounds are awesome as well!! Very clean and most seem to have power and water with central dump station. Vault bathrooms always clean along with surrounding area in general!

Tallboy and Arizona Nancy like this.
  10. Arizona Nancy

Arizona Nancy
    Expand Collapse

Seven Feathers RV Resort in Canyonville Oregon is my favorite rv park. It is especially gorgeous in October. Mountain View RV Resort in Creede Colorado is also a favorite-any campsite in this beautiful park has a 360 degree view of those gorgeous mountains.

11. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Got to say that Seven Feathers is also right at the top our list also. Stayed there many times in the past several years. Great choice for a layover on the way up or down I-5 when passing thru Canyonville. Your username denotes that you must reside in Arizona. Have you ever stayed at Gilbert Ray Campground just outside Tucson to the southwest? Also one of our favorite places to spend a week at............

Welcome to the forum and may all your travels be safe and enjoyable ones...............

Regards, BankShot..............(aka Terry)

12. Arizona Nancy

Arizona Nancy
    Expand Collapse

Yes! We have stayed at Gilbert Ray campground and enjoyed it very much. It is very close to home these days

13. RVRoofCoatings

RVRoofCoatings
    Expand Collapse

Jellystone Park Camp-Resort at Kozy Rest, Harrisville, PA and Ventura Ranch KOA, Santa Paula, CA are my favorite RV Campgrounds ever. I frequently visited there and have a lot of good memories.

14. MissouriBird

MissouriBird
    Expand Collapse

We travel in a 28' travel trailer and prefer sites that are nature oriented rather than the parking lot type RV parks. That said, we have also learned to appreciate having at least water and electricity and if sewer hook-ups are available, so much the better. That said, three of the nicest parks we have been in are in Canada:
    1. Banff Provincial Park--wonderful views of the surrounding mountains, hook-ups, nice size lots in the trees and a multitude of things to do in the area.
    2. Okotoks Lions Club RV Park--in the town of Okotoks just south of Calgary. Park is next to a fast moving river, lots of great trails, beautifully landscaped, and within easy driving distance to all of the sites and events found in Calgary. We especially enjoyed spending a day at the Heritage Park and would highly recommend it to families.
    3. Peace Bridge RV Park south of Vancouver--absolutely beautifully landscaped park. Beautiful natural plantings/dividers between each site provide natural looking privacy screens. Full hookups. Relatively short drive into downtown Vancouver or to the ferry landing to go to Vancouver Island.

In the US--some of our most memorable visits have been in Gouldings RV Park at Monument Valley--gorgeous views of the valley and great services; Coulter Bay in the Grand Tetons surrounded by the prettiest mountains in the lower 48; the RV Park in the Duluth Small Boat Marina where you are in full view of the famous lift bridge and can watch all of the large ocean-going ships come an go from the inner harbor area; and Ridgeway State Park in SW Colorado in the midst of the San Juan mountains and the campground in Arches National Park--spectacular scenery but no hook-ups.

These are just a few of the many glorious sites we have visited--each one special and memorable in one or more ways. The important thing is to learn to enjoy the special features of each and to not always be on the search for the "perfect" spot.

15. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I assuming you're referring to Banff National Park, since I am unaware of a provincial park of that name. If you enjoyed Banff, as we also did, I can only suggest you try Jasper NP. IMO it is even more spectacular.

BTW, if you enjoy the Canadian national parks, I suggest you look into purchasing an annual pass. It provides admission to both the parks and national historic sites administered by Parks Canada. You can buy passes for singles, couples, and/or families and they can be bought at any park or historic site. We've found it to be quite helpful if we're spending a substantial amount of the summer north of the 49th.

16. MissouriBird

MissouriBird
    Expand Collapse

We have stayed in Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper. All are great and I would encourage anyone to use them. Great facilities in gorgeous surroundings. We also thoroughly enjoyed staying for several days in the Okanagon valley, Peachland specifically, and found the Lion's Club RV Parks to be very clean, comfortable and a good price value.

17. chrisacrossamerica

chrisacrossamerica
    Expand Collapse

I totally agree with Mountain View! The views and location are amazing.