Visiting NYC while RVing in the Northeast

Discussion in 'Destinations and RV Parks' started by Arizona Nancy, Jul 21, 2016.

1. Arizona Nancy

Arizona Nancy
    Expand Collapse

We are currently spending July & August here in the Northeast. We would like to stay in a campground with easy access to a train that would take us into NYC and then stay in a hotel in NYC to see the sights. Does anyone have any suggestions for the town/campground to depart from? It can be in any state up here. Our itinerary is flexible. We do NOT want to stay at the Liberty Harbor campground. Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. Tallboy

Tallboy
    Expand Collapse

We stayed at Croton Point Park near Croton On Hudson, NY. The park only has 30 amp, but worked for us. Metro train station is only one mile away and can walk it depending on your health. You can also drive and leave you vehicle. Plenty of parking.

We stayed in NYC for three nights. Lots of interesting things to see, but won't want to live there.

Arizona Nancy likes this.
  3. drfife

drfife
    Expand Collapse

We stayed at Liberty Harbor RV in New Jersey. Could see the Statue of Liberty from our site. The commuter ferry to Wall Street was a block away. Very handy for NYC visit. The park is nothing special (asphalt parking lot) and expensive. But, I would stay there again to visit NYC.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

jjr9000 likes this.
  4. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

5. Arizona Nancy

Arizona Nancy
    Expand Collapse

Thank you. I will check this out!

6. Arizona Nancy

Arizona Nancy
    Expand Collapse

We read all the reviews about Liberty Harbor. It's the traffic we would have to deal with to get to this park-that's why we don't want to stay there.

7. drfife

drfife
    Expand Collapse

We live in urban Dallas, just 5 miles north of downtown. Every trip begins and ends in traffic nightmare.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

DumpStation likes this.