Gulf State Park in Alabama

Discussion in 'Trip Planning and Travel Concerns' started by MammaBear5067, Jul 25, 2016.

1. MammaBear5067

MammaBear5067
    Expand Collapse

First time 5th wheeling and we decided to try Gulf State Park in Alabama. Has anyone stayed there? Is 37.00 day a decent price plus your taxes and $90 month resort fee? How long do most snowbirds stay? Thanks

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Welcome to the forum.

Lots of our members have stayed at Gulf State Park. Just look at their reviews here:

https://www.campgroundreviews.com/regions/alabama/gulf-shores/gulf-state-park-campground

Also I think $37 sounds pretty reasonable for a site there, but they seem to have a lot of different sites with different fees, so just be sure where the $37 sites are located and if they have the amenities you want. Also I don't have an opinion if the resort fee is too high, but in reading their website, the money does seem to go for a good cause. Finally, snowbirds usually start arriving in October, but many stay up north through the Christmas holidays. A lot depends on the weather. Then they start leaving to go back home in March but many stay through April.

3. MammaBear5067

MammaBear5067
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much. I look forward to using this app.