"A Hair-Brained Idea?"

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Jul 19, 2016.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

UPDATE - Ordered two 1-3/4" x 8" plastic plaques yesterday. One for the front and one for the back of our coach. Both are colored to match the paint on both ends. Will mount each one at average eye level on both ends and each will read as follows..........

RVPR - BankShot

I plan on using rubber cement to attach them so as not to damage the paint if I ever need to remove them, etc. As soon as I get them on the coach I will post a couple of pictures for the forum to see in case anyone else might want to do the same on their RVs. So if any of you fine RVers is at some point taking a stroll thru an RV park or campground out here in the west and happens to notice that plaque, by all means come on by and say howdy. I will keep my old eyes peeled for RVs with a similar plaque or sticker and do likewise............. :D

Safe and happy travels, BankShot..........(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  2. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

"So if any of you fine RVers is at some point taking a stroll thru an RV park or campground out here in the west and happens to notice that plaque, by all means come on by and say howdy."

Will do! :cool:

Paythebill likes this.
  3. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Terry, yes do post piks, I just might copy your idea someday. :cool:

Mike

Paythebill likes this.
  4. Concretia

Concretia
    Expand Collapse

My dad always taught me to not use bumper stickers or anything that identifies myself. Remember, you can't un-ring a bell.

Paythebill likes this.
  5. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

I like the sticker idea brought up by Texasrvers,however if these don't become available then the "plagues" mentioned by BankShot are a super idea also.

Paythebill likes this.
  6. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I realize this thread has not seen an update for almost a year, but what was the end result. Stickers or plagues or neither one.

BankShot likes this.
  7. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

BankShot and Paythebill like this.
  8. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Hi All - My fault, I did have a plaque made as I had indicated in my above posts. One for the front of the coach and one for the rear. Both match the paint where they are mounted with contrasting block lettering. The front one is burgundy with gold lettering, the rear is eggshell beige with burgundy lettering. I mounted the front one in the center just above the grill and the rear one is centered about three feet above the license plate. Sorry but I never did get around to posting pics but they stand out nicely without being obtrusive or tacky looking. So far we have met a few RVers who recognized the RVPR but weren't on the forum so BankShot meant nothing to them. However we have also run into a couple or three that did recognize both and did stop and say hi. I didn't know them and vice versa but we were both posters on the this forum. Have also had several "walkers by" stop to ask what the lettering stood for and that were genuinely interested. I told them about RVPR, the forum, gave them the web address and told them to check it out, so hopefully, maybe, possibly, some of the newer members are them? So with all that said I am going to "attempt" to upload a couple of pictures showing both plaques. Have never done this before so bear with me I will no doubt mess this up big time and if by chance I get it right I will be amazed at myself. Here goes nothing >>>>>>>>

P8270025.JPG

HOLY MOLY BATMAN!!! I did it. My first picture upload!!! This is the rear plaque. Wonder if I can do it a second time? >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

P8270024.JPG

SUCCESS AGAIN!!! The is the front plaque. Now why didn't I do this earlier on? Probably because I was just lazy and forgot. Anyway, hope they attract many more future members. And by the way a BIG thanks to Paythebill for bringing this thread back to life again. And once again my apologies for letting it get lost without posting these pics earlier................

Regards, BankShot...........(aka Terry)

9. Paythebill

Paythebill
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

BankShot,

Thanks for posting the pictures of the plaques you designed and installed on your motohome. Nice job!.... However, in the discussions on this thread there was talk of possible stickers or decals. I got the impression that RVPR was looking into possibly producing them for sale to the members... Sort of like a "Good Sam Sticker" Does anyone know what happen to that idea?

BankShot likes this.
  10. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I'll take the blame on this Paythebill as I was the one who never followed up and posted pics as I said I would. Now that I finally lived up to finally posting pictures of this plaque it might get a few more members motivated to do one of their own or have the folks at RVPR initiate one for all? In all fairness those that have the authority to authorize and/or make up such a sticker, etc. no doubt have their hands full most of the time just keeping this website up and running smoothly and it's easy to have a suggestion or idea get lost in the shuffle. Mine was approved however and I was given the okay to go ahead and make up this plaque for my own RV as long as I had no intention of trying to sell it to other members, which of course I don't. I would imagine a simple RVPR sticker of some type would be the way to go as it would keep it simple as well as uniform for all members. Perhaps one or more of the Admins will read this updated thread and proceed further with my original idea? Thanks for for the compliment, we like it and are hoping that on our future trips down the road it will be noticed by a few more folks who will in turn become members. And we hope to meet a few current members who happen to pass by our coach, see it, and come a knockin' at the door to say hi............. :D

BankShot..............(aka Terry) h

Paythebill likes this.
  11. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

We're still hoping that will happen.

BankShot, Paythebill and mdcamping like this.
  12. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

13. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Oh - oh, this scares me a tad. When I read Paythebill's post I thought I had forgotten to post the pics and didn't remember posting them on another thread. I must be losing the last of my grey matter. Thanks for taking the time to dig them up on that other thread Texasrvers. With all the different threads and posts we are all into it makes it tough on us old timers to keep up with them all but what bothers me more than anything is that I even said this was my first attempt at posting pictures on this forum and I had done it before and didn't realize it............ :eek: Seems that maybe the last of my grey matter isn't "being" lost, rather it's already lost.............. :(

Sadly, BankShot..............(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  14. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

I'm right there with you. Funny thing is I can remember things from a long time ago, but I can't remember what I had for dinner last night. :p

15. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Oh thank you, thank you for not having me believe I am alone in this. I know this will undoubtedly change the entire way this thread started out but yes indeed I too can remember even small details of what happened years ago but if someone asks me what I had for breakfast yesterday or what we did a few days ago, that info is long gone and buried somewhere deep in some corner of my brain. And it seems the harder I try to remember the more I forget. I will sleep easier tonight knowing that I am not alone and have friends who are there with me. Who they are however I can't seem to remember unless I had contact with them years ago.............:(. Got to keep laughing about it tho.........:D

BankShot.................(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  16. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

The good news is since I can remember things from a long ago, in 30 years I'll remember what I had for dinner last night. :D:rolleyes:

17. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Now that's the best one I've heard in a long time!!! I never thought of that but you're right, it will all come rushing back at some point down the road. Only problem for me is that no doubt I'll be on some other road then and I'll get passed up.............. :D

BankShot..............(aka Terry)

Paythebill likes this.
  18. Fun finders

Fun finders
    Expand Collapse

Who are you guys........what’s going on?

19. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

How do you expect us to know. We just met yesterday, or at least I think we did but I could be mistaken. I might have known these guys back in my younger years and they all forgot me as the years rolled on by. Stick around tho and you 'll get to know us well but don't count on us remembering who you are as we can only remember those from our pasts..............:p

Hang in there Fun finders, it will probably get better once we remember who we all are.............:D

BankShot....................(aka Terry)

Fun finders and Paythebill like this.