New RV Park Reviews mobile app!

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by Janet H, Aug 8, 2016.

1. FreeLunch

FreeLunch
    Expand Collapse

Jim
    I tested out the My reviews on both an iPad and iPhone and I can see reviews associated with the logged in account. Can you please try deleting the app, reinstalling, and logging in?
    Thanks

2. TheJim

TheJim
    Expand Collapse

OK, will try. I did make keyboard disappear and still no submit. Will try again after re-download.

Jim

3. wetterwashington

wetterwashington
    Expand Collapse

Em... I wonder why all four of my devices can't run this
    "This app is incompatible with all of your devices."
    (Trio AXS 3G, Trio AXS 4G, Samsung Galaxy (older) 4G, all running Android 4.4 or newer)

4. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks for the report, I'm sorry you are experiencing difficulty. The app is designed to run on devices with Android 4.4 and newer but depending on the underlying storage space you have available on your device or/and how complete your updates have been it's possible you might experience difficulty.

One of things we have learned is that Android updates are pushed out to devices by the company that actually makes the device and not by Google (Android OS developer). Each manufacturer has the option to strip out parts of the OS, and so it's possible that you might have this underlying issue. Here is an interesting article about this issue : http://thenextweb.com/insider/2015/08/05/this-is-what-android-fragmentation-looks-like-in-2015/

One thing you might try is making certain that you are as updated as possible.
    You can find some help for the trio devices here: http://support.triotablets.com/hc/en-us
    You might also check out the the samsung site for similar help.

Finally it's worth noting that even if you can't load the app on your deivce, we still have a fairly robust mobile view available with no download needed. Simply navigate to the site on your device and it will load it a leaner looking but functional view. You should be able to search, add reviews and use the site as usual.

#24 Janet H, Aug 16, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2016
  5. RV_Jim

RV_Jim
    Expand Collapse

I did not see a way to recenter the map with an icon similar to Google Maps after you move around to see a different area. I just had the stick man icon which would show Street View on Google Maps.

6. FreeLunch

FreeLunch
    Expand Collapse

Jim -- I think you are saying that you were using the app and looking at parks and wanted to recenter the map back on your original location? Like the "Bullseye" icon in google maps? We don't have that functionality currently built in right now, but we can look into adding it. One other method to accomplish something like that is to go to the Hamburger > Near Me. This will recenter the map to your location.

How did the photo uploads work?

7. RV_Jim

RV_Jim
    Expand Collapse

Yes the bullseye icon as on Google Maps.

The Stickman icon does display "Street View" as in Google Maps.

The red teardrop of your current location does display on my Samsung Galaxy Note 5 running Android 6.0.1. Centering to current location would be helpful.

8. FreeLunch

FreeLunch
    Expand Collapse

Yes - we can add that bullseye to the list of future enhancements. Using the Near Me feature will center based upon your current location, if you have location services enabled.

Did the photo upload work??

9. FreeLunch

FreeLunch
    Expand Collapse

We're still working through the different bugs and enhancement features. One note is that if the app is behaving finicky, force killing the app and re-opening it seems to fix some of the issues.

10. FreeLunch

FreeLunch
    Expand Collapse

Howdy everyone -- I hope you're doing well and staying cool. I wanted to let you know that a new version has been released to the App Store today. It should hopefully appear in the app store within a couple days pending Apple's approval. This version has almost a dozen minor enhancements, bug fixes, etc. We are actively working on another version. The purpose of the next version will be to improve the stability of the app. Please let us know your feedback. Please note that Filtering is something that we will fix, but didn't make it into this version of the app.
    Thanks for your support.

11. MarieB

MarieB
    Expand Collapse

I gave it a try on my android and got as far as putting in the state...then all it would tell me was that it couldn't find any parks in that location. It didn't go any further...no cities came up, etc. Frustrating. I'll stick to the "computer version" for now I guess. Let me know if it improves! ;-)

12. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I'm not exactly sure what you were trying to do. The search function is designed so that it is expecting you to enter a city or a campground name in the search box. The text in the box directs you to enter "City, campground, etc." You said that you entered the state name in which case the system will assume that the state name is part of the RV park's name, something like, "The Texas RV Park".

I do agree that there is an annoying glitch if you expand the map so that the area displayed contains no listed RV parks in which case a pop-up returns the message "No parks were found on the given address" even though no address was ever provided.

Please provide some additional information as to what circumstances resulted in you getting the "no parks" message so I can better understand what was causing your issue.

#32 docj, Oct 6, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  13. FreeLunch

FreeLunch
    Expand Collapse

V1.1.0 is rolling out to the app stores right now. Filtering is much improved and the app functions a lot better than the initial release. A lot of the bugs were worked out.

mdcamping, NYDutch and Janet H like this.
  14. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Looking forward to giving it a work out! :D

15. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

I did a walk through the RVPR app. Just one small thing I noticed, whether I was logged in or not, my profile username did not reflect the correct amount of reviews and I could not access them. I'm not sure if this is a big deal, just more of a FYI

That aside everything seemed okay, no problem moving from one campground to another.

Mike

16. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I can confirm that I can't access my reviews from the app either. The first time I try I get a strange error message:

Invalid_grant: Refresh token has expired

After that I get nothing on repeated attempts. If I close the app and try again I get the error message.

Android phone Samsung Galaxy S7, Android version Marshmellow 6.0.1

17. Janet H

Janet H
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

OK - folks, I think we've found the issue and will be pushing out an update to the app in the next day to address this.

18. Ellistea

Ellistea
    Expand Collapse

I was so pleased to see an app - I'd avoided using RVPR on my last summer trip because of no app (and used your competition! . . .). Now, I have another tool in the toolbox and all on my iPhone 6. Yay!

19. Russ60

Russ60
    Expand Collapse

There is competition?

20. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I don't know if you are being facetious or not, but both the AllStays and TripAdvisor apps are serious competition for RVPR.