New from Indiana

Discussion in 'Welcome to Campground Reviews' started by Indybear, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Indybear

Indybear
    Expand Collapse

The husband and I are new to RVing - we have a 24 ft. motorhome. We try to stay in state / national parks when possible; we're not fans of the wall-to-wall parking lot style of many commercial parks.

Already used this site to pick out some places to visit!

2. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Welcome to the site. I'm glad to hear you've already used our reviews, but we hope you also have submitted your own reviews for the places you've stayed. We encourage you to review all your stays.

3. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forum and the RV "lifestyle"! I think you will love the flexibility and relaxation your motorhome will provide.

I know you didn't ask for advice, but may I offer a suggestion: if you have taken road trips in the past, the usual theme is to drive as far as you can to get to your destination.
    If you look at some of the other threads here you may see that most of the seasoned travelers usually limit themselves to 300 miles a day or less. This allows you to arrive at your campsite in the daylight, get setup, and still be able to do some sightseeing before or after dinner.

Enjoy your travels.

-- Chris g.
    FMCA. F3508s

4. Indybear

Indybear
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! I've already submitted my first two reviews.

5. Indybear

Indybear
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the advice! We've stayed in the Midwest so far, but plan to head out west and we'll definitely keep this in mind.

6. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Welcome to the forum. There was a time back a few years ago when I said I'd never be caught dead driving a motorhome. Boy was I wrong. We love the freedom RVing allows us and the fact that we no longer have to "shlep" luggage back & forth from motel room to motel room when traveling is simply wonderful. Enjoy your new adventures, no doubt you will be meeting a whole bunch of really fine people wherever your travels take you. When you head out west you will find some incredible places to throw out the old anchor and spend a few days just drinking in the spectacular scenery that is scattered throughout the western states. There are lots of well seasoned, well traveled RVers on the forum who will be more than happy to jump in with suggestions of what places, parks and attractions are worth seeing and staying at, etc.so don't hesitate to just ask if you need info, etc...........

Happy travels and travel safe, BankShot............(aka Terry)

7. Indybear

Indybear
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! We were a little sheepish when we started telling people about the RV, but it turned out that most of them had either just bought one, too, or were thinking about getting one. :) We're already planning a trip to Yellowstone for after Labor Day.

8. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum and thank you for contributing to RVPR.

DW & I also prefer the quiet of campgrounds that are off the beaten path. Still though we occasionally book the resort type campgrounds when our boys tag along.

Mike

9. MissouriBird

MissouriBird
    Expand Collapse

10. MissouriBird

MissouriBird
    Expand Collapse

I second this suggestion to not plan more than 300 mi. per day. This allows you much more time to "smell the roses" along the way and to do some side road exploring. Before we owned our first TT we did what I call today--survey traveling. We were surveying this country of our for places we wanted to return to for extended visits! We would normally do 500 mi. a day or more. Of course we were younger then--but it also served our purpose--as we have returned to many of those great places out west and spent considerable time. Some of our favorites are almost anywhere in Utah--especially the Moab area, Yellowstone and Grand Tetons, the Columbia River Gorge and Sisters Oregon, Glacier National Park, and many, many more. Just enjoy. There are lots and lots of good people and gorgeous spots out there. Take time to enjoy--don't rush the journey.