Merrill-Gorrel Lakes Park in Mecosta County Mich.

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Mac Workz, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Mac Workz

Mac Workz
    Expand Collapse

While scouting for Whitetail deer I ran into a Mecosta County maintenance man. He mentioned Merrill-Gorrel Lakes Park, and commented on it's "beauty". That conversation struck me as unusual due to his obvious enthusiasm. I'd seen Mike a few times at a rustic location that I hunt that is part of their park system, yet not part of MG Lakes park. The park is on a peninsula between the two lakes. I was stunned that someplace so outstanding was so close to where I 'play' all the time. It is stunningly beautiful. My bowhunting friends commented on it reminded them of remote Canada where they fish. The park has 143 sites including some primitive sites. It is located in the NE corner of Mecosta county Michigan about 7 miles South of highway 10 off of highway 66. I'll try to post more info as I get familiar with this forum. Simply stated it is as beautiful as any park I've camped in. It truly is "A Gem In The Woods" as it is called locally.

2. Mac Workz

Mac Workz
    Expand Collapse

More info. image.jpeg image.jpeg

3. Mac Workz

Mac Workz
    Expand Collapse

My pics are large files and I used thumbnails to get pics on the forum.

4. Mac Workz

Mac Workz
    Expand Collapse

I'm having a hard time with your park review section. It does not want to recognize the city of Sears Michigan and locks up when I attempt to back out. I tried 3 different times.

5. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I've just added Sears MI to the database. You shouldn't have any trouble now.