"The Last Hurrahs Of Summer"

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Sep 7, 2016.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

It seems as tho we are into the very last throws of summer with but a few days to go until if's officially the start of the fall season. We are taking off in a few days to spend some much needed time up at Emigrant Lake in Oregon after a few idle months over the summer at the old homestead. It will be good to get the beast back out on the open road again. The "RVPR-Bankshot" plaques will be attached to the front and rear of the coach so if by some remote chance one or even a few of you fellow RVer's is perhaps spending some time next week at the same RV park on the lake, do stop by and say hello if you care to. We will be in space #22 right down at "the point" of the park. You can't miss us, we'll be the ones with the seven dogs, three cats, a small pygmy goat and one lone Iguana lizard that usually hangs out on top of the main slide out. He won't bite but he does take handouts. And we will have the boom box playing at full blast so you'll be able to hear us when you walk by................... :D

Regards, BankShot............(aka Terry)

Jason Goodwin likes this.
  2. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

"You can't miss us, we'll be the ones with the seven dogs, three cats, a small pygmy goat and one lone Iguana..."

YIKES !!! :eek:

3. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Terry's leaving his pet skunk home this time. It seems to upset other campers for some reason when he lets it run loose... :rolleyes::D

4. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

At one time we did take little "Stinky" along with us but he started wanting to sleep with us and the dogs and cats already had the bed crowded so he would spray them and that led to all sorts of problems. So we leave him home now with the parrot, the Burmese python, and the four pet raccoons that stand guard while we're gone.............. :cool:

5. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Darn! You should've at least brought the raccoons along. They might have found some relatives in the park... :(

6. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

At one time we brought them along too but we kept losing one or more each trip so we stopped and just left them at home where they wouldn't wander off to meet new friends, etc. We had to stop taking Charlie, our Chimp, also as he would sit on top of the coach and make lewd gestures at everyone who walked by. That was not a good thing to be happening at RV parks so his traveling days were halted also. Right now everyone gets along just fine and they all behave themselves so that's how we'll keep it for now. Perhaps when our pot bellied pig gives birth next time we'll bring her and the grandpigs along on a trial run................. :rolleyes:

7. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

If it'll help, I have a friend with a livestock trailer for sale... :D

8. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

I'm having flashbacks from the movie: Hatari
    :p

BankShot likes this.
  9. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for your offer NYDutch but we have the berthing situation under control at present. We are using the basement bays for individual berthing facilities. Everyone has their own private space at night and are able to roam the coach inside during the daytime. I admit it is quite a menagerie we've assembled but we all get along and we never have to worry about being robbed or vandalized. Korg, our Iguana sleeps on top of the slideout at night and also stands guard during the daytime if we leave. Believe me, he can be one very menacing lizard when someone comes snooping around that's not supposed to be there............ :eek:

As to what Fosterimposters said about the movie Hatari, we were the ones the studios got the idea to make the movie from................ :D

FosterImposters likes this.
  10. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Sorry Fosterimposters but I made a slight error in my above post. It wsn't the movie Hatari that our life was pattered after as they didn't even have motorhomes to speak of back then. It was Jumangi, the one starring Robin Williams, if you remember that one? That family was us........... :D

We leave for Emigrant Lake early Monday morning. The weather looks to be really nice the entire time we will be there and we plan on using those flex straws every evening............ :p

11. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

Bankshot, back in the 1970s, my parents thought they had a large menagerie with two kids, two dogs, two cats, two horses, and a fish tank, but I think you beat it with your collection!
    We used to call ourselves "Noah's Ark" on the CB sometimes.

12. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Fitzjohnfan - We pull out early tomorrow morning and will be gone about a week. No laptop or access to any PC stuff so before we leave I guess I'd best fess up and let you and anyone else who might think I was actually telling the truth, that I was "exaggerating" just a tad. We have but one tiny little 7 lb Chihuahua with us but she rules the roost on the road. We've seen a few RVs with a variety of dogs and cats and even a monkey one time. We figure whatever it is pet-wise that trips one's trigger is fine by us as long as, of course, they aren't parked right next to us............... :D

Will look forward to doing a review of the park we are staying at...................

All the best to everyone, BankShot.............(aka Terry)

FosterImposters likes this.
  13. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Bankshot,

I was beginning to wonder about you!:). The most pets we have encountered in a motorhome was 7 cats in a coach that was parked next to us a few years ago. But the owners were living in it while they were building a house in the area and did not usually take the cats with them when they traveled. Someone took care of them at home. But it was a neat sight when all the cats were up on the dashboard looking out the windshield.

14. FosterImposters

FosterImposters
    Expand Collapse

Ha Ha :p
    My BS meter went off after the "traveling with raccoons."
    Then with the "chimp" I knew you were pulling our collective legs.
    Finally: traveling with a pigmy goat AND a pig in the coach?

o_O

BankShot likes this.
  15. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

I thought everyone would catch on when I started helping Terry embellish the story! ;):D

Jason Goodwin and BankShot like this.
  16. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Heck Dutch, you even had me believing I was telling a story about all this.............. :D

Jason Goodwin and NYDutch like this.
  17. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

In that we are discussing pets and traveling with them, we were once parked a couple of spaces away from a couple traveling with a very small Airstream trailer. And when I say small I mean it was one of those short almost bubble like models. The man and woman were "fairly large" folks themselves and they had two huge black Newfoundland dogs with them. And yes, you guessed it, when evening came and the sky turned to night time dark, all four of them crawled into that little aluminum bubble, closed the door and hunkered down for the night. This is a true story, no BS involved here either. We couldn't figure out the sleeping arrangements other than each of of them must have used a dog as a blanket to keep warm as it was right near the ocean in No.Calif. in early April and the nights there were damp and cold. Wonder what that trailer smelled like in the mornings. We didn't find out as luckily we were up wind from them.......... :eek:

18. Jason Goodwin

Jason Goodwin
    Expand Collapse

19. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

All this talk about strange camping pets, folks sleeping with their very large dogs in very very small campers... is this a west coast thing? ;)

maybe it would be better if Jason visits the east coast! :D :p

Mike

BankShot likes this.
  20. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Strange things happen on the east coast, too. Maybe he should try the third coast--Texas. Nothing weird ever happens down here.:D

BankShot likes this.