incorrect website for park?

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by katzklaw, Dec 26, 2014.

1. katzklaw

katzklaw
    Expand Collapse

hey, i revisited a park i stayed at several years ago, Heritage RV Park, and was planning on submitting an updated review, and on a whim, i clicked on the "view campground website" button, because i didn't remember this park having had a website. well, the website button takes me to Walter Johnson's park page instead. i looked around for a "report a problem with this info" button, and aside from the edit buttons for the hookups and amenities available (which i adjusted. the park added wifi since the last time i was here), i couldn't find anything that would relate to changing the park's website. suggestions?

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

You are correct about this website. I have removed it. Unfortunately I did not find an appropriate one to take its place.

3. evadu

evadu
    Expand Collapse

Please revert to the 'nearby' towns that actually have an RV park. Each time I click 'nearby' on the L sidebar it says, "Looks like we have no RV parks in ..."

Then why show that place on the L sidebar?

Been using RVparkreviews since 2005 or so ... more info, fewer clicks on old site ...sorry!

4. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Can you please give an example of this?

5. RLM

RLM
    Expand Collapse

I am an administrator on a couple of websites and I can say that incorrect URLs are plentiful. Someone changes their particular page of a website marked with that URL and we never know it. That is especially the case for municipal, country, state, or federal websites. We do not have the staffing to check and repair these URLs on a regular basis. It is only when someone reports them do we have the opportunity to correct.

I am sure that the Administrators of this site would encourage all members to let them know of these broken or incorrect links. I would do it by sending an email to the Help Desk.

6. evadu

evadu
    Expand Collapse

Like I search for Grants, NM .. says 8 parks. Then to the L sidebar is nearby cities (or hole-in-the-walls..see the Cheyenne WY area). Actually there are just 4 parks in Grants, the others listed are for the other 'nearby cities' in the sidebar. L sidebar used to say "Acoma (1) 22 mi SW" or whatever was appropriate.

Check out Cheyenne, WY ... there is actually no 'town' called "S Greeley" or "Fox Farm" or "Ranchettes".

Check out New River, AZ (21) but actually none in New River. That said, searching from the top search bar instead of the map gives just a list, so at least that is easier to read.

7. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Thanks for these examples, and I see your point. I can understand that if someone searches for a town that has no parks, the system needs to let them know that there are no parks in the town by displaying the "Looks like . . . " message (the one you mentioned) along with displaying a list of nearby towns. But it does seem like the nearby towns listed should only be ones that actually have parks. I will call this to management's attention.