" Reviews Submitted Not Posted As Yet?"

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by BankShot, Sep 22, 2016.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

I know you folks are busy but I did submit two reviews several days ago, the 18th I believe it was, and so far they have not been posted. Certainly no hurry but I just wanted to check and make sure you did receive them okay? Thanks.................

Regards, Bankshot...............(aka Terry)

2. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Yes, we do have two pending reviews from you that were sent in on the 18th. You would be amazed at how many reviews have been sent in since Labor Day. I don't have a break down by date, but so far this month we have received 3780 reviews. Sorry for the delay, but we're peddling as fast as we can. Thanks for your support.

3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Thanks Texasrvers - No hurry, I just wanted to make sure you got them............ Terry

4. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

Those are some impressive numbers. I still have a couple I have to write, should get cracking on them this weekend.

5. dcr126

dcr126
    Expand Collapse

Is there a way to edit a pending review?

6. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

We don't have a simple process for this. If you feel strongly that you need to correct an inaccuracy, you can use the Contact Us link at the bottom of every page of this website to make that request.

7. drfife

drfife
    Expand Collapse

I have posted nearly 100 reviews on RVPR. For the past two years my reviews posted immediately. A couple of months ago some, but not all, of the reviews I submit required admin approval before posting. Sometimes in question for up to two weeks. I still have two reviews from October pending approval. But I posted a review for November today and it went straight to post.
    Why do some of my reviews require approval while others do not?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

8. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Both of the reviews you submitted in October suggested changes to the park's list of amenities which means that they are put in a different queue than those that don't have such proposed changes. Our system requires that the amenity changes be evaluated before the review is processed.

Furthermore, your review of Lake Hawkins had a URL link embedded in the text which is not allowed under our rules. But, in this case, the link you had included was to the park's website which we didn't have in our database. That link has now been added to the park's RVPR listing. Thanks for providing it.

Both of your reviews have now been posted. Thanks for being an RVPR user and reviewer!

9. drfife

drfife
    Expand Collapse

I posted a review today for Holiday Park and it posted immediately. I had embedded links and updated the parks amenities.
    Strange....

10. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

Yes, initially it did post with the link which had gotten all corrupted and didn't display as a URL. That shouldn't have happened but it did. But when I was working on your other two reviews I fixed the URL in this one also. As for the amenity updates, I processed them at the same time. All I can say is that no system is perfect.

11. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

That answers my question as to why my reviews don't post immediately any longer. I often do amenity updates when I do a review, so that explains it.

Thanks.

12. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

And we appreciate that you take the time to update a park's amenities. This may delay your review from being posted immediately, but keeping the amenities up-to-date is very important and helpful to other RVers, so thank you for doing so.

13. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

The delay is not a problem with me, I had just wondered why they were once going right in and now don't, and this answers that question. All good here.