Website Suggestions

Discussion in 'CGR Site Admin, News and Announcements' started by RGL, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Edd505

Edd505
    Expand Collapse

How about an added discount search, KOA, Good Sams, Camp America etc.

2. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

That kind of information, at present, is not coded into the listings for most parks. Although it is relatively easy to find parks with KOA in their names, the same cannot be said, for example, for Passport America or Good Sam parks. That information would have to be manually added to the database which would be a significant undertaking, especially for a common attribute such as Good Sam. I'm not saying it can't or won't be done, but it's a lower priority than other issues currently being worked.

You may not be aware that you can use the search bar to search for all the KOA's in a particular state. For example to search for all the KOA's in Ohio, just enter "KOA, Ohio" in the search bar (without the quotes). Be careful, the comma is necessary. Similar searches can be performed for other words that should be in the park's name, such as Jellystone, or Thousand Trails. Some of those seem to bring up a few false results, but the desired parks are included in the search results along with the extras.

3. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

Very cool, thanks for the tip!

4. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I hate to tell you that something the programmers have done recently appears to make this "tip" somewhat less effective. You can still search for KOA parks but the ability to limit the search to a specific state seems to have disappeared. Since this was never a documented feature, I have no idea whether or not it will ever reappear.

5. 1yrfulltime

1yrfulltime
    Expand Collapse

Looking at Pigeon Forge, TN or Branson, MO you get 80+ CGs in no particular order.
    When will there be a sort capability? 8 pages of results randomly makes this site pretty
    much useless.
    At least sort by rating and review...
    This has been suggested many times, and...

6. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

I had thought that the CGs were listed in alphabetical order, but this no longer appears to be the case, if it ever was. I agree that what is currently presented is useless and I have submitted a "bug" notification to the programming team.

7. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

Please allow me to explain a little further.

We have recently changed the format of our search results to include parks in towns which are within 25 mi of a selected city. Now all the parks with the selected city’s address are listed first. I agree that these should be in alphabetical order, but this has not been done yet. This is particularly cumbersome to scroll through when there are a lot of parks listed. It is not so bad if there are only a few park's with the selected town's address, but even so they should still be in alphabetical order.

Following the selected town parks are the parks in towns nearby the selected city. These parks are listed in increasing distance from the selected city. We chose to include nearby parks because many cities have good RV parks close by that get overlooked if they are not listed along with those actually located in the selected city. For an example of this, look up Arlington, Texas, where you will find only 2 parks listed that actually have an Arlington address. This does not provide a large range of choices for places to stay. However, if we include the parks in other towns within a 25 mi radius, there are 24 parks listed.

We feel this broader listing is more beneficial to our members, and as soon as the parks in the selected town are arranged in alphabetical order, it will be even better.

Cyclonic likes this.