Stolen Property

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by RckyMntLuv, Oct 15, 2016.

1. RckyMntLuv

RckyMntLuv
    Expand Collapse

Hello, our cat was stolen while at a KOA in St Mary’s Georgia. She was stolen before hurricane Matthew (we live in Jacksonville Florida) and if the people that stole her didn’t cross state lines before the storm they will soon. So we are pleading with the RV community for help. Please pass this story along in every way possible. The people that we think stole her may claim that we didn’t take proper care of her. Rather than report us so that we could prove them wrong they just stole her. We can prove years of good care and love via our vet group. We can prove ownership via years of adorable photos. The following is my daughter’s version of the story. Please help save our heart.
    'My name is Myranda and I’m homeless. But that's ok. I’ve been homeless before. The bad part is someone stole my cat. My family was saying at a KOA camp for a few weeks and because we live in Florida it’s hot. We had to crack the windows of the car even at night. One night we cracked one too much and our little Italics got out. We saw her running around the camp site for a few days so we were hopeful. We got a cat trap and set it up with her food and a toy and waited. In the morning we found the trap sprung, closed, no toy, no food and no cat. We stopped seeing her around the site. That was September. Now it’s been weeks and I have to stop myself from whistling for her because I know she can’t hear me. She won’t come when I whistle, she won’t sit on my book when I’m trying to read and when we find a house to live in it can't be home because home is where the heart is and my heart was stolen.'

2. Onemoretrail

Onemoretrail
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Have you tried contacting the Humane Society or check out the Facebook page for Georgia's Missing Pets?

3. RckyMntLuv

RckyMntLuv
    Expand Collapse

we have. We check in with the humane society weekly, we've sent out stolen pet alerts to local businesses and have contacted the police in both Georgia and Jacksonville. Everyone is looking here but the person is mobile and we need other eyes.

4. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Sorry about your loss, but without some description of the person or RV/vehicle, it's difficult to know what we're looking for. There's lots of cats that could be mistaken for the one in your avatar, assuming yours was even allowed outside where it could be seen.

5. RckyMntLuv

RckyMntLuv
    Expand Collapse

we don't know the RV information; if we did we'd post it. In the mean time, if someone comes across a similar cat we'll post them more pictures. The wider we cast our net the better chance we have of someone seeing her.

6. Cyclonic

Cyclonic
    Expand Collapse

I am sorry to hear this happened, I can imagine how I would feel if someone took off with my cat, he is my buddy. I hope you are reaching out using other forms of social media, such as Facebook, as well. Lots of groups out there. As others have said, more photos may help as well since you don't have any other identifying information.

7. RckyMntLuv

RckyMntLuv
    Expand Collapse

we're reaching out in everyway possible. we're ready to give tons of information to anyone that has even a possible sighting but we didn't want to overwhelm people with more information than they need at first.