"Let the rain fall"

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by BankShot, Oct 16, 2016.

1. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Sitting here looking out the window at a heavy rain fall with more on the way. Since early Friday the old rain gauge shows we have received 4.57 inches. A great way to start out our winter season for sure. We had been contemplating a short trip this weekend but had to pull back on the reins and hunker down instead. We live up in the foothills above Sacratomato and there was really no place within a day's drive that isn't getting rained on also. Hope everyone is high and dry, especially those that live up in the Pacific Northwest as they have been getting a real pounding lately also. And RVs don't make very good house boats.......... :eek:

I be a tad bored not being able to be out and about (that's the reason for this post by the way) but hey, it's better than being out and about in a house boat right here in town.............. :D

Regards to all,

BankShot.............(aka Terry)

2. mdcamping

mdcamping
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

It's really funny how things balance out. the past few years our weather has been great on our camping trips. Now with is said we have had a record dry summer, especially in ct. now you would think my camping trips would be sunny and dry... NOT! Sept trip to cape cod: tropical storm Hermie, poured rain. 2 weeks ago, rain on our local weekend camping trip here in Ct. Last weekend poured rain in RI on our Columbus day camping trip from tropical storm Matthew.

Oh well...

Mike

3. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Someone pulled the plug at just after 12 noon today and my rain gauge now stands at a whopping 6.68 inches since early Friday morning. More due to come down overnight with more really heavy rain tomorrow. We sure need it so it is a very welcomed sight............. :D

4. Rollin Ollens

Rollin Ollens
    Expand Collapse

We live in the Pacific North West (Southern Vancouver Island) but are fortunate to be inland right now in the Okanagan. At home, we are getting severe winds and heavy rains but nothing too unusual. We get these storms a couple of times every year. Definitley not a good time to be camping, even in a hard-walled unit.

Overall, we have had a beautiful summer. I'll be winterizing the coach at the end of the month because our rainy season is about to begin. We are hoping to wake her up again next January or February for a trip south if the dice roll our way. If not, she sleeps until March.

Hoping those folks fortunate enough to be where it's warm and dry have a great winter camping season and those of us a little farther north a cosy nest where you can wait until spring.

Darrell

5. Gnome de Plume

Gnome de Plume
    Expand Collapse

It's a good time to be camping in the PNW - at least west of I-5. This last super-duper wind and rain storm that Seattle had was a non-starter here on Diamond Point (Discovery Bay). We had some moderately strong wind and rain storms. Over 4 days we lost power for a total of, maybe, 30 seconds. The park that I am at has seen an increase over the past couple of years of Rvers who are staying the entire non-peak season (October to April).