AAA

Discussion in 'General Community Discussions' started by Jetfixer03, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Jetfixer03

Jetfixer03
    Expand Collapse

We dropped AAA a few years ago, just didn't use it enough. Do many CGs offer a AAA discount? Wondering if I should pick it back up.

Something else just occurred to me, roadside assistance. Are there special plans that help with trailer problems?

2. BankShot

BankShot
    Expand Collapse

Many RV parks and campgrounds do offer AAA discounts, usually 10%. Many also of course offer a Good Sam discount, also 10%. And some offer military discounts. We have all three and use them accordingly..............

As to roadside assistance plans, we currently use National Interstate's "Coach-Net" service which is much like AAA only it covers RVs of all types and sizes. Several years ago we used it when we had a breakdown out on I-8 45 miles east of Yuma, AZ and the sent a flatbed semi to haul us back to Phoenix, a tow that would have cost at least $600 had we not had the coverage. National Interstate is specifically for RVs so you may want to give them a call and go over their various plans, etc. Hope this helps.................

Regards, BankShot...........(aka Terry)

3. Jetfixer03

Jetfixer03
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, I'll definitely check into coach-net. Being broken down away from home with an RV is certainly a bit more complicated than with just a car/truck. It would be good to know you have someone who can steer qualified help your way. Well, hopefully qualified anyhow. .

4. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Coach-Net has plans that cover all of your family vehicles/RV's, whether owned, rented, or even borrowed. Along with towing your tow vehicle to a suitable repair ship in the event of a breakdown, they will also tow your trailer to a nearby campground for you. Coach-Net also has trained technicians available 24/7 that can provide phone support for your RV appliances, etc. That can be very handy when your furnace quits at 2 AM and it's 20 deg.F outside. :)

5. Fitzjohnfan

Fitzjohnfan
    Expand Collapse

When looking into getting roadside assistance, also check out Good Sam. They also offer this service (extra cost) and some people have had good service from them.

Another service is Saferide Motor Club, I have this service and the cost is $109.00/year through FMCA. It may be different since you have a towable RV. I have yet to use them, so I can't give any feedback.

I believe Allstate also has an RV specific roadside assistance program.

Chris G.
    westminster, CO

6. NYDutch

NYDutch
    Expand Collapse

Good Sam contracts with Allstate for their roadside assistance program. Yes, Allstate does offer its own RV program as well.

7. Texasrvers

Texasrvers
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator

We have had the Good Sam Road Assistance for about 15 years and have had good service. However, I think we have probably used it more with our cars than the RV.

8. Jack B

Jack B
    Expand Collapse

Why are flats always on the inside of duals? We have used Good Sam's roadside service for our M/H as well as our towed vehicles, even our kid's vehicles when they were registered to Mom and Dad. Always prompt, never a problem. Their phone tree will drive you bugs, but they need to know if you are in the roadway and in danger and is the problem mechanical or tires. They have always sent us help that was spot-on and very professional.

9. docj

docj
    Expand Collapse
    RVing Expert

CoachNet will also pay a portion of your bill even if it's not for a covered service such as changing a tire. Twice we've had them find and dispatch a diesel technician to us to help with a mechanical problem. When they do that, they pay for the service call and any mileage charges. You pay the hourly labor rate and any necessary parts.